Advice please - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 01:53 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 32938
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 03 Svt 54 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Advice please

Hey guys, first of all I have to say I absolutely love this forum...I now live and die by the knowledge I have earned here. Unfortunately I live in a town with very very few SVT's. In fact, today I called my dealer and the guy who answered didnt even know what SVT was...kinda scared me...anyways I have a few questions I was hoping I could get some answers to out of yall.

First things first, I drive an 03 Red 5door SVTF. I have been noticing the trademark engine bog and $hitty gas mileage and just a few days ago got the 'intake manifold runner control stuck open' error code. I called SVT and they asked me to take a look and see if the cable was still attached at the end of the intake manifold. It was, but the weird thing is when I start the car it does engage the cable and pull it. Yet I am still getting the code and also am still experiencing the symptoms of said code. I was just wondering if anyone could offer any insight before I allow the dealer to get his grubby hands on it, of things that it could possibly be, and maybe people who have wasted money what it def isnt. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I decided to start a separate thread for the other questions, please refer to that if any insight can be offered and thanks again.

--Justin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2006, 01:56 AM   #2
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 9109
What I Drive: 04' Pitch Black SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Shifteechico Good Standing Member
hypnotic tune= all prblems gone and new love for your car
Old 03-09-2006, 02:00 AM   #3
Focus Rookie

Will that take care of the intake manifold code and issue with it not staging?
Old 03-09-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally posted by Shifteechico
hypnotic tune= all prblems gone and new love for your car
WoW such insight......

NO tune will cure DSI problems, at best they will clear the code but iif t is a true problem it will return.

On the bright side there are TSB's out for DSI problems.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 03-09-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 31074
What I Drive: 2002 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 eurotrashvrt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
TSB indeed, get it done at your dealer for free.

By the way rochester isnt too far from Long Island, when everything is all set with your car, we usually have a meet every two weeks or so, maybe one time you can make the trip out.
It makes even the Enzo and the Porsche Carrera GT feel slow and pointless. It is a triumph for lunacy over common sense, a triumph for man over nature and a triumph for Volkswagen over absolutely every other car maker in the world.

Sincerely Yours,
Bugatti
Old 03-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
Focus Rookie

Anyone know exactly what the TSB is for the DSI? My dealer is not the brightest in the world...
Old 03-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7200
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT Euro AP

FF Reputation: 1 onebluemcm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Rochester ins't too far from Ithaca either. I know of 2 other SVTs in Ithaca - a yellow 3-dr with the Euro package and a red 3-door in addition to mine. Only sort of met one guy though. Stay in touch - there are autocrosses by way of Rochester and Elmira I think, and of course there is the Glen.. Good luck with the ride!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Sorry i dont know the TSB number.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 03-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13841
What I Drive: 08 Fusion SEL, Focus ST on order

FF Reputation: 1 MISVTfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
If you give WD40 some time to see this (or pm him) he'll probably be able to get that TSB number for you. And I agree orange, that was "great insight" hah. But he does speak at least some truth, the bogging will stay even after you get the clip fixed. A tune from one of the many tuners on this site will fix your little issues after you get this all worked out.

BTW: I just ran a search for you. Might wanna check out "Vision Ford" they are SVT certified, they should be able to help you maybe a little more.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:35 AM   #10
Focus Rookie

Vision Ford is where I bought the car, also the place where I was told 4 times ''but, its a focus and focus' dont have imrc's'' and another time, ''whats SVT stand for?'' Needless to say, I want to walk in there with as much information on hand as possible, like my damn insurance company who origionally purchased a GD generic bumper for my car (after having the back half of my car ripped off by a bitch who apparently didnt know you cant stop going over a bridge at 50mph in a blizzard, but still tried to make the turn even though she was sliding) Yeah, there are 3 SVT's that I know of in Rochester, and I have had real shitty luck when it comes to getting help with mine. thats why you guys are the best lol...onebluemcm would you be able to help me with install of some of the performance upgrades i plan to be purchasing in the near future? thanks again guys for all of your help as well...you cant imagine how much it means to me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.