Going to let her go..... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006, 09:30 AM   #1

Fan#: 19523
What I Drive: 04 Screamin Yellow/EURO

FF Reputation: 1 jonrjen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Going to let her go.....

Well, I am going to let her go. Too many toys and not enough time to enjoy them. Tired of walking around it in the garage. Pretty to look at but, she just is not getting used. Some one else should have the opportunity to enjoy it. She has been a fantastic ride to play with. No problems given, only pure fun transportation.
Question is, I would like to get somewhere between $14,000 and $14,500 for her. She has around 9K miles on the odometer. There were only 66 of the 5 door SVTF Euro Editions in Screaming Yellow produced........not the most rare, but close. The Euro Edition has every option offered, including the Recaro Seats.
What do you think, am I being realistic? I am not in a rush to move it, it is paid off and insurance is paid for the next 6 months. Heck given time I may not get tired of walking around it in the garage and change my mind.
Or what do you feel it is worth? And any suggestions as to where to list it other than Ebay?
Ebay bidders just don't want to pay for what the car is worth, too many bargain minded low dollar people when it comes to the SVTF and Ebay.
Next to go will be the Rail Dune Buggy I bought off of Ebay last July and took around the house one time. Then the new Jayco Class C Motorhome I bought last spring that I never used. Geez, I even purchased the Jayco on Ebay..............I need to stay the he** off of Ebay.
Anyhow lay your feedback on me.
Thanks
http://community.webshots.com/user/jonrjen

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #2

Fan#: 15238
What I Drive: 03 IR SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dgualtie Good Standing Member
i think you if you find the right buyer you should be able to get 14000 for her. i dont think you are being that un realistic. i would try selling locally first cause you are right you probably wont get the money you are looking for on ebay, but you can always try ebay and see what happens. i know if i had the money i would be interested
SVT squad #7
Old 02-27-2006, 11:42 AM   #3

Just from doing a review of Ebay bids, it could be a risk. Ebay charges a flat fee for listing automobiles, somewhere around $100 if I recall. Of course if you don't sell due to reserve not being meant, you do get one relist for free.
On one hand I can bitch about the Ebay fees, on the other hand I do own Ebay stock.......Oh the irony.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18910
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 BFocusSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I think that's a hell of a deal. If I didn't own one, i'd be all over that. But like they said before, try selling locally first.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21524
FF Reputation: 1 stokedsvt Good Standing Member
or if there is another toy u have in mind trade her in
2004 eap very clean very well mantained babied! for sale 38,000 miles runs perfect for sale asking $13,500 obo.mods... aem cai r/t hfc vf rear mount cm stg 3 clutch fidanza flywheel sct tune from wayne. dont wanna sell but time for a truck!
Old 02-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #6

The only other toy I have in mind, which brings a smile to my face is my Grand daughter. It is time to get her to Disney World, the Smokey Mountains, Dolly World, and a bunch of other destinations to build memories with. I'm getting old, not may years left, heck I'm 50 now, joined AARP this year. This little three going on four year old can just plain wear me and the Mrs out, but what a way to go. I would give the little one every thing I have, all the time God gives me. And what a trade, all we get in return is pure innocent love.
OK, maybe she does have me wrapped around her cute little finger...........WE DON'T CARE!!
She makes me color ( and might I say I have improved), I play Polly Pockets, and Tea Party too. Amazing how much she teaches me.
If the motor home sales before Disney not a big deal, we also have a 40' triple slide loaded out Travel Supreme 5th wheel and a nice F-450 Lariat 4x4 to pull her with.
Will I miss the SVTF...........I hope I will be to busy to do so.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26015
What I Drive: 2005 OBP WRX Waghon

Points 2,796, Level 32
Points: 2,796, Level: 32 Points: 2,796, Level: 32 Points: 2,796, Level: 32
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 gold_zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Man I wish I had 14 g's!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,871, Level 79
Points: 14,871, Level: 79 Points: 14,871, Level: 79 Points: 14,871, Level: 79
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
id say post it up in the by sell forum here and see what comes about. let a true enthusiast have a shot at her
Old 02-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #9
/fail

Fan#: 2799
What I Drive: F150 FX4

Points 9,957, Level 66
Points: 9,957, Level: 66 Points: 9,957, Level: 66 Points: 9,957, Level: 66
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rfinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^^^i agree

"When everything works, it's a sheer joy to drive." - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 02-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12519
What I Drive: 2002 Red Focus SVT

Points 1,634, Level 23
Points: 1,634, Level: 23 Points: 1,634, Level: 23 Points: 1,634, Level: 23
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 SVTbrit Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Jon,

You have the gorgeous SVT! But, you also have the Rail Dune Buggy, the Jayco Class C Motorhome, the 40' triple slide loaded out Travel Supreme 5th wheel, and a F-450 Lariat 4x4!

You possibly even have a ranch as well(?).

You say that you need to sell some, if not all of these items!!!! I know Disneyworld is getting expensive these days, but how many times are you planning on taking your granddaughter to this and other places?

With the trailer and 5th wheel, I'd have thought you could sell the 'Motorhome', or visa versa, and still been able to go camping (with your granddaughter)!!!! It might save the SVT!!!

I don't really understand your need to sell the car, and potentially other items as well.

Either way, good luck on your plans!

Cheers, Shane

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.