SVT Focus - RIP - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14282
What I Drive: 03' SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 BOM KRON Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT Focus - RIP

Coming home at about midnight, I was racing a turbo'ed eclipse down a road about a quarter mile from my house. Surprisingly we were pulling neck and neck against eachother, my car actually out pulling it in the top end.

We approached a curve in the road where he took an inside lane and I was on the outer, closet to the center island. He started to lose his back end and started drifting into my lane. To avoid a collision at high speeds, I hit my breaks.....hard. The force of the curve and the force of the brakes applying to my FWD focus were a bad combination.

The braking caused me to shoot to the left, hitting the island. Instantly upon impact my car car flipped, took out about a 10" diameter tree, flipped a second time, took out a concrete rebar fence and landed on its wheels on the side of an embankment. Yeah, it was that insane.

Luckily, my Recaro seats had the side airbags that basically held me from getting hurt. The front airbags didn't even go off. Only injuries were cuts on my hand from glass. All i can say is these cars are DAMN SAFE.

After long fighting with insurance I ended up actually getting a decent settlement. I went car shopping for a couple of weeks and ended up going a more economic choice with a Sliver 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V for 9k out the door. Not as nice as my SVT but it really is a fun car to drive. Having more torque then horses is muuuuuch different . After a few mod's this baby will be pretty quick. Here's a pic:

Anyways, I thought i'd let you all know there was 1 less Competion Orange SVT out there.... I'm selling some left-over parts I have from upgrades i did in the past. These include: Stock SVT Intake, Stock Shifter, Stock Throttle body, and my old CAT. PM me if you need any of these or just keep a look out in the classified forums.

Farewell fellow focus members, it's been fun but time to move on...be carefull with yo shit, racing isn't always worth the outcome.

-Jeff (BomKron)

Favorite FF Quote: "My check engine light has been on for awhile but I put a sticker over it so i didnt have to look at it"
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20407
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Bigfonsz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Re: SVT Focus - RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by BOM KRON
Coming home at about midnight, I was racing a turbo'ed eclipse down a road about a quarter mile from my house. Surprisingly we were pulling neck and neck against eachother, my car actually out pulling it in the top end.

We approached a curve in the road where he took an inside lane and I was on the outer, closet to the center island. He started to lose his back end and started drifting into my lane. To avoid a collision at high speeds, I hit my breaks.....hard. The force of the curve and the force of the brakes applying to my FWD focus were a bad combination.

The braking caused me to shoot to the left, hitting the island. Instantly upon impact my car car flipped, took out about a 10" diameter tree, flipped a second time, took out a concrete rebar fence and landed on its wheels on the side of an embankment. Yeah, it was that insane.

Luckily, my Recaro seats had the side airbags that basically held me from getting hurt. The front airbags didn't even go off. Only injuries were cuts on my hand from glass. All i can say is these cars are DAMN SAFE.

After long fighting with insurance I ended up actually getting a decent settlement. I went car shopping for a couple of weeks and ended up going a more economic choice with a Sliver 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V for 9k out the door. Not as nice as my SVT but it really is a fun car to drive. Having more torque then horses is muuuuuch different . After a few mod's this baby will be pretty quick. Here's a pic:

Anyways, I thought i'd let you all know there was 1 less Competion Orange SVT out there.... I'm selling some left-over parts I have from upgrades i did in the past. These include: Stock SVT Intake, Stock Shifter, Stock Throttle body, and my old CAT. PM me if you need any of these or just keep a look out in the classified forums.

Farewell fellow focus members, it's been fun but time to move on...be carefull with yo shit, racing isn't always worth the outcome.

-Jeff (BomKron)
Glad your OK. Nissan is a good pick.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 242,593, Level 100
Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Be careful with the new car, no racing with Eclipses !!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe

Fan#: 2179
What I Drive: 2009 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer GTS

FF Reputation: 6 CrazyMatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I'm glad you are all right, but I really hope this has opened your eyes to how stupid you were acting that night. Keep it on the track. The outcome could have been MUCH worse.

Lets hope you keep the Sentra on the road.

I'm not trying to be nasty, so don't hate on me. But I am FIERCLY against street racing, and this situation has just proved my point once again.

But seriously, glad you are ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^Slow your roll Dirk Diggler or you're going to have be back in the hospital with broken nuts!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17397
What I Drive: 2003 comp orange focus svt euro #34

FF Reputation: 1 fritotec Good Standing Member
damn the orange ones are dropping fast. makes mine more rare. glad you are ok though. "street is still neat"
#3495 of 3985, 1 of 301
euro grill
Old 02-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #6
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Might I suggest some driving lessons/performance driving school too since it seems you didn't know proper accident avoidance techniques. Why you braked in a turn, I have no idea. Well, why you raced up to that point without letting off, I have no idea.

It's good to hear you're okay and that you got lucky on this, but try and be smarter this time around. There aren't many second chances in life with things like that.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 02-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
So you participated in an illegal street race and wrecked your car, yet insurance cut you a check?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18326
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 fat pat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
a lot of mods and a fast car is probably just what you need about now
Old 02-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15429
What I Drive: 2009 Fusion SE V6 Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 SonicBlueSVT Good Standing Member
Lucky indeed.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #10
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
thats a nice car! i test drove a spec-v the other day. and i am impressed. i just dont like 4door cars. the burnt orange color are killer on those cars! they have optional rockford fosgate stereos. and not too mention all the Nismo crap you can get. again. i am very impressed with this car, and i drive an SVT.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.