SVT In for service 4x this month... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19048
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SpacemanSpooge Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
SVT In for service 4x this month...

I took the car in for a leaky clutch master cylinder 2 weeks ago. I also asked them to listen to the trans since I could hear it rattling. I brought the TSB with me as well. I Got the car back and was told the noise from the trans was normal. Also, the clutch pedal felt "crunchy". I took the car back again and they replaced the slave cylinder which required removing the trans. The day after that, the car refused to go into 5th or 6th for a while. After a while I got it to go into 5th and 6th but the shifter would "pop" going into the 5-6 gate. I took the car back in and they replaced the shifter cables. Two days later and the shifter is "popping" when put into the 5-6 gate again! It's going in again on Monday. This is the last straw.

I think I'm getting rid of this car... I've never had to get so much service done on any of my others. Sorry, all. I just needed to vent.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 222
What I Drive: 2004 Chevy Avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 bryanjw82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
definetly sell it
Performance Mods: FC short shifter, Magnaflow exhaust, HEI wrapped svt header, BBK TB, orp, MSD coil & wires, Diablo Tuner, VF engineering rear engine mount, EBC slotted and dimpled rotors f&r, EBC green stuff pads, PowerWorks Supercharged
Old 01-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3854
What I Drive: 2004 svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 richiejerzee4lfe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
no offense dude, but you can't blame the car for the stupid mechanics mistakes. if they new what they were doing in the first place, you probably wouldn't have these issues.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:26 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6660
Location: roasting tires all over the east coast, Afghanistan
What I Drive: 2003 Honda S2000 / 1990 honda civic

FF Reputation: 1 myblacksvt Good Standing Member
gotta love that tranny sound is normal answer. thats what they told me too.

turbo/VTEC
Old 01-22-2006, 07:04 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20554
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Daeron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Don't sell the car, get a new service department (or call SVT on the current one and have them take care of getting your car fixed through the dealership for you).
#2277 of 3985 born on 5/27/03
SVT Squad #20

SCT XCal2 (Hypnotic), AEM CAI, VR rear engine mount, FC ORP, FRPP STS, FC 2pc UDP, Eibach Pro-Kit springs/KYB AGX dampers, FRPP HIDs, Sony CDX-M8815X, Pioneer TS-A6880R front speakers, 16" Rota Grid (Royal Gunmetal) w/Falken Azenis RT615's

2004 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible, Mystichrome
#292 of 1896
Old 01-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

It's not just these few problems that I've had... The back door latches rusted closed. The CD player ate my cd's. The valve cover needed replacing because the cables that run over it rubbed holes in the cover. The seat rails were replaced because the seats came loose and rattled. The car would just die for no reason even after the YRFO reflash. I could go on. Don't get me wrong. I love my car but I can't be taking it in for service all the time even if I do get a rental. I just don't have time to deal with that.

Have any of you actually gone through SVT to get the TSB done? Do they actually call the dealership and work it out with them? Got the number? At this point I'll try anything. Even if the trans was ok before, I'm not willing to assume that it's ok now. Not after all the problems I've had since they took it off.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12777
What I Drive: 2003 Orange SVTF

Points 1,730, Level 24
Points: 1,730, Level: 24 Points: 1,730, Level: 24 Points: 1,730, Level: 24
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 gukin Good Standing Member
I feel your pain. Yeah, there's quite a bit of "questionable engineering" with respect to our SVTs. The trick is, if you can get your car stable, it'll go for a while. I was on the verge of "lemoning" my car but the requriements were 30 WORKING days in the shop, I easily had 30 calendar days but I was short on the working days. Between 6,000 and 9,000 my car was in the shop for over 30 days (nine different events) It's pretty good now and still a lot of fun but it's seriously soured me on Ford. Maybe everyone else sucks too but it's a real bummer when you've got something that should be special, commands a premium price, wears a prestigious badge and it's a POS.

Try getting someone else to get it right, and think real hard before you write of $10,000 and trade your SVTF.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Actually I'd probably end up selling it outright. The KBB private-party value and my actual payoff are pretty close right now.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with other dealers in my area. I'm definitely not going to any of them. My current dealer has been surprizingly good in the past. Not sure what the problem is lately.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20554
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Daeron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Go to SVT's website for the phone number (1-800-SVT-FORD or FORD-SVT, can't remember). Tell them what is going on and they will call the dealership and get things taken care of. They are real good at dealing with ignorant dealerships.
#2277 of 3985 born on 5/27/03
SVT Squad #20

SCT XCal2 (Hypnotic), AEM CAI, VR rear engine mount, FC ORP, FRPP STS, FC 2pc UDP, Eibach Pro-Kit springs/KYB AGX dampers, FRPP HIDs, Sony CDX-M8815X, Pioneer TS-A6880R front speakers, 16" Rota Grid (Royal Gunmetal) w/Falken Azenis RT615's

2004 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible, Mystichrome
#292 of 1896
Old 01-22-2006, 05:24 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12519
What I Drive: 2002 Red Focus SVT

Points 1,634, Level 23
Points: 1,634, Level: 23 Points: 1,634, Level: 23 Points: 1,634, Level: 23
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 SVTbrit Good Standing Member
SpacemanSpooge,

My heart goes out to you Bro! I have a 2002 SVT, and having used the two local dealerships available to me, I had the same bad experiences that you're describing...all but for dissimilar problems! They basically sucked….I mean…really sucked! Even on simple things…. such as a passenger seat lumber that was not working and they continuingly told me it was OK. It took me 3 visits before I eventually found out that the moron tech was checking the wrong seat (the work order each time, stated the passenger seat!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunning! That was a small one…I have stories of many more that were of a level that you’re suffering.

So, I can understand you wanting to dump the car, which as you’ll already know makes this forum community saddened. But, we’re not the ones who have had to put up with your problems with your car and your “wonderful” dealerships!! I was lucky; I eventually found a dealership……an exceptional dealership….close to my work. I’m now happy and looking good for the future with my car.

That said, Daeron has a very valid suggestion. I’d back him on you trying that (calling SVT) as a last ditch effort to resolve you immediate problems with the car, and more importantly, with your seemingly very poor dealership(s).

Either way, what ever you end up doing, I wish luck and eventual satisfaction in you present and future cars. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you Bro!

Cheers, Shane

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.