Anyone else have mustang dyno numbers? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 16844
FF Reputation: 1 blitzmadmax Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Anyone else have mustang dyno numbers?

Well I went to the dyno today and my car turned out really good numbers for an orp and FS cool flo. The best run was HP169.5@6250 (7300 on my tach) and TQ166.4@4750. Anyone else have mustang dynos that I can compare this to. My lowest run was HP154.8@500 and TQ157.3@4750. Yes I have dyno sheets so you can beleive me or not, I have to go to work and I dont have a scanner, but if need be I will take a digi pic.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 11:01 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18855
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Mork Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That is surprising because mustang dynos usually read lower than the Dynojet. Good numbers though. Are they SAE corrected?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

I will take a picture when I get home from the football game, GO LOUISVILLE

Last edited by blitzmadmax; 11-03-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
those are fairly high for the 2 mods you have done. I had mine dynoed i believe on a mustang dyno when i had my blower put on, that shop's dyno is notoriously low and in accuarate, but from what i remember, the guy told me my car 195whp, and he never did tell me the torque.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 11-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13841
What I Drive: 08 Fusion SEL, Focus ST on order

FF Reputation: 1 MISVTfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
170HP with just an ORP and an intake!?! AND 166 TQ OMG ITS A NEW RECORD. No but seriously I think that dyno is way the hell off, and they are beefing your numbers so they can say "oh we have the best dyno and you're cars are sweet!" when they are really lying to you.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
^^^^ I'd have to agree

to my knowledge, I've had the highest stock (only a K&N drop in filter) dyno numbers, or at least one of the highest on here. I dyno'd at 136 tq and 156 hp at the wheels on a dynojet, which always read higher than a mustang dyno. the dyno you went to definitely needs to be recalibrated. not trying to rain on your parade, but that shop is probably just trying to make you think that you're getting incredible gains out of these parts so they can sell you more.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:28 PM   #7
Focus Rookie

your not raining on my parade I didnt believe them from the get go. I didnt buy the parts from them either just the only close place to get dynoed.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13841
What I Drive: 08 Fusion SEL, Focus ST on order

FF Reputation: 1 MISVTfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Yeah thats good you didn't buy the parts from them, you should go back and tell them that the SVT only has 170hp at the flywheel from the factory and you know that they are scamming people and you're going to report them to BBB hahah.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:55 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17375
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 rednblackSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
honestly... come on... were you in third gear... that would explain 7300 on your tach and the dyno picking up 6250 from wheelspeed and it would skew the numbers... 1000 rpm off is some major issue.

Steeda Style Short ram intake. F-C ORP, Energy Suspension Poly-Urethane Bushings, TEIN s-Tech lowering springs,VF Engineering Mount, Carbon Fiber Hood, Cut Antenna, Blacked out turn signals and side markers, cute little halo projectors...almost forgot... JRSC
Old 11-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #10
Focus Rookie

no its fourth gear chief. I have been talking to some local people and generally its about 15-20 off, still doesnt explain the torque

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.