i hate the svt...i hate ford....this sux - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23241
What I Drive: 02 Mustang GT..RIP 03 Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 blacknfastsvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i hate the svt...i hate ford....this sux

i bought my svt last july and its been in and out of the dealership 3 times...well yesterday i decided to go to san diego wit my friends (120miles from my place) and there was 30 miles left to san diego...outta nowhere i c that the oil temperature goes to the max and the engine temp starts goin up so i exit and stop at a gas station...i let it koo down n open the coolant reservoire and realize theres no coolant...i added water since obviously the radiator was leakin and started the car and as soon as i got on the freeway onramp....a check engine light comes on, the oil light comes on, the oil level drops to zero...and i lose the power steering and the car turns on....the car wouldnt start up again...i called roadside assistance and they tow it to the nearest dealership....as everyone knows FORD HAS HORRIBLE DEALERSHIP N CUSTOMER SERVICE....well to make it short...that dealership didnt offer loaner cars for me (im 20, althought the dealership next to my house did)...and they said they had nothin to do wit it..and the engine blew up...n bla bla bla...im sooo sick of this shit...i hate that car...n i hate it that i ever thought bout gettin another ford....i wish i could go back in time

SVT SQUAD #1 / SVT SQUAD OWNER Best time: 15.5 @ 88.67 mph
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
wow man that sucks.....Are you going to be able to be able to get a new engine under warranty??? I have had some bad luck in the past with cars, similar to your situation. I vowed to never buy a VW again even tho i love them. Anyways, good luck getting it fixed and sorry about your bum luck.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 11-02-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
i have a 03 svt, with only 5900 miles on the motor. it was replace under warranty back in may of this year. turns out number 3 cylinder ran lean and burned a hole and damaged the head. theyll just give you a motor, but you have had alot of probs. just go buy an EVO and get it over with. just curious, do you know what your prodcution number is, cuz we both have 03 black SVTs. im 2356. maybe someone on the ass. line was sleeping. get back at me
Old 11-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience man.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 11-02-2005, 12:49 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 507
FF Reputation: 1 Dave Good Standing Member
That really sucks. When my tranny took a dump it costed me totalled like 5k out of my pocket, and I hated my car for a long time after that. I would try another dealer, or talk to SVT about getting it replaced under warranty. If you are screwed as far as warranty goes, Marcy Motorsport sells SVT engines for pretty cheap.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5736
What I Drive: 2003 White zx3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 16 Foci_Fosho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
dang... sounds like a series of very unfortunate events.

From the dealers' point of view, it just looks like improper maintainence.
you shouldn't have driven the car without any coolant.

But on the otherhand, how would you have known there was a leak while on your journey to SD.... It sounds like something let loose and drained everything... So I'd suppose It should be covered under warranty.

I hope something will work out in your favor.... we all know, we can't be 20 years old and already have to get yourself out of a hole. that just sucks the big one..
Old 11-02-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18768
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT 2 door

FF Reputation: 1 SVTkonig Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
When my car overheated, it was becauase of a leaky thermostat housing that must have been leaking for days, maybe weeks. I topped it with water, Ford replaced the housing free and my car did not blow up. Did you find out what actually happened in the motor?

Here's what mommy should have told you to do when you downshift:
1. Step on the clutch
2. Simultaneously slide the shifter into a lower gear and give the throttle a quick, amazingly precise jab to rev the engine to exactly the rpm it needs to be at in the next gear
3. Quickly let out the clutch

Oh sure, It takes a few thousand tries before you get the timing and precision of your jab just right, but the reward is that you no longer suck.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #8
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I can understand how you feel. It's the labor of love. If you don't want it, see if you can file it as a total loss (given that your insurance was full coverage or Ford will take it back.). At the age of 20, I know it's gotta be tough! I'm not much older than you dude. How's your driving habits by the way?

My dad walked by my car a few days ago and said, "I smell coolant." Maybe I should take him seriously.

Focus on the Mountain
Old 11-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25626
What I Drive: 2002 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Clegg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I could smell coolant also by my car and it's that leaky plug on the thermostat housing.
2008 Blue VDub R32 #3858 of 5000

Traded in: 2002 Infra-Red SVT #2992 of 4788 Born on June 20th 2002
Old 11-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23179
What I Drive: 2002 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Logiemasta311 Good Standing Member
I had the same prob w/ the coolant. i just filled it up w/ coolant and so far so good....but my check engine light came on today...hope everything is alright
SVT Squad #99

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.