everyone who's had the clutch tsb!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
everyone who's had the clutch tsb!!

ok, I just put my car in for the clutch tsb, my dealership told me that because I've got nearly 23000 miles on my car, I had to call svt and get them involved in order to get the clutch done under warranty. I called svt, and was told that they don't get involved with the warranty issues. they let the dealership decide, or the dealership calls in a "field engineer" to inspect the car to determine if it's covered or not. any advice on dealing with this? also, if you've had the work done, what mileage did you have it done at? I figure that if I've got a list of people who've had the work done with higher mileage than me, I've got a pretty good shot an convincing them to cover it. thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13841
What I Drive: 08 Fusion SEL, Focus ST on order

FF Reputation: 1 MISVTfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well I got hassled a bunch but I had my neighbor who worked for Ford put some pressure on the dealership. I got it done at about 14k. They probably got you on the "fault of driver" clause. Just print out the TSB sheet and bring it to the dealer (try a couple dealers) and always talk to their general manager at the service center. If they don't want to do it bring it up to the general manager of the dealership or find out who the owner of the dealership is and write him a letter or something. You just have to be persistant. Good luck man.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 235
What I Drive: 03 Infrared Focus SVT, 01 Mercury Villager

FF Reputation: 1 jollyjohnj Good Standing Member
I didn't have higher mileage but I was close to yours. I had about 21.5K on mine. I told the service rep about the TSB. She turned and asked the other service rep. He asked me if it was an SVT. I said yes. He said no problem and it was taken care of.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
Michael J. Caboose

Fan#: 21469
What I Drive: Black Hemi Ram & Honda Shadow VT600

FF Reputation: 7 JohnMichael Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I got mine done around 33k miles... I brought it in to my fav Ford Dealer, showed the TSB Printout, and they gave me a rental. Had it back within 2 days... they replaced everything, and it still works like new at 41k miles.

No questions asked.

O'er Pirates from the Black of Pitch
Old 10-19-2005, 03:32 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17124
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 popecruz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I paid $1394 to have it done. I had 17,000 miles. Cheers
All your hard work and training for AutoX and you get sliding off the road and jacking your suspension named after you. That sucks.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21836
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black w/Blue int SVT

FF Reputation: 4 Scott_SVT Good Standing Member
mine was done the first time at 23k miles, and redone at 25k. No charge either time. Your dealer is just not wanting to submit it for warranty, Ford will pay for it, but they collect better money charging you than they do from Ford.

Raise hell, stamp your feet, and get your way. The squeaky wheel gets the grease...
SVT SQUAD #8
Hurray!! a Squad! how umm... stupid....
Old 10-19-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Sorry, I'm no help.
Got it done at 11,916 miles so I didn't have to go through this.

Check out this post for a "plan of action" in setting a fire under the Dealer's butt:
Warranty Help
Old 10-19-2005, 07:51 PM   #8
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Print up the TSB and take it in. That's what I did, and be sure to talk to the Service Manager. Whatever you do, don't back down. If you can't get it through that dealership, be sure to write to Ford about it, and you can also go to other dealerships. Ford wants business, but a dealership doesn't want to lose money (get it?).

If you take a printout, and they tell you that they don't accept TSBs from independent websites, ask them to look it up on their own Ford website. They can and should do that for you. That is where they get the technical guidelines for their TSBs, which they give to the worker assigned on your car. Oh, and be sure to get a rental since it's free. It's covered under the warranty specifically (look in the manual).

When I went in, they wanted to charge me for the clutch replacement, then I told them about the TSB. After they verified it themselves, they said it would be covered. Seven days later, they finally got it finish. By the way, you don't have to take in your car and let it set there if they don't order the parts. At the bare minimum, they should provide you with a rental, but you're going to most likely have to request that.

All I can say is, be armed with the TSB, don't back down and let them bullshit you with nonapplicable reasons. Tell them it's BS that your clutch has worn out this abnormally fast, there's a TSB directly regarding this matter, and if they're not willing to cooperate, contact Ford. This is Ford's manufacturing default, you should not get pinned with money penalties because of that.

Anyway, best of luck. Cheers!
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 10-19-2005, 07:55 PM   #9
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Oh yeah, I got mine done at just around 30k miles.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 10-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #10
/fail

Fan#: 2799
What I Drive: F150 FX4

Points 9,721, Level 66
Points: 9,721, Level: 66 Points: 9,721, Level: 66 Points: 9,721, Level: 66
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rfinger Good Standing Member
Not only did i have it done at 10k miles or so but i was just gonna have to have it done again last week and have the ENTIRE TRANNY REPLACED!!!!

"When everything works, it's a sheer joy to drive." - Jeremy Clarkson

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.