Traction Control fuse Switch - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2004, 11:04 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Traction Control fuse Switch

Quote:
Originally posted by svted
i'i wanted to set up a switch to plug into the fuse panel in the car for convenience.. i hadn't really looked into it yet. what are people doing about it i just was wondering if anyone was thinking like i was about installing a switch of their own..
How do you guys feel about this idea??

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2004, 11:07 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1793
What I Drive: 03 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DilSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Well, if you put a switch on the fuse for the traction control then you disable the ABS system, it is on the same fuse
AEM CAI, FC 65mm TB, FS UDP, SCT by FS, Kent Cam Gear, MBRP, SD and Firewire, FC STS, All VF Mounts, CFM Silicone Couplers, Gear Balance Delete, NE ORP, EBC Green Stuff, FS Front - Rear Stress Bars, KW Springs
Old 01-27-2004, 11:12 PM   #3
Hawaii Five-O

Fan#: 1232
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Odublar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
O/T: That radar detector you have on your webpage is illegal in Virginia....in case, you ever want to run through the state anytime soon....

As for the thread, I don't have an SVT so it really doesn't matter, but if it gives you a great launch but disables your ABS and Traction Control.....well, it seems wreckless but fun.
Performance Modifications: JBA Street Header, Random Technology Super High Flow Cat, Bosal 2 1/4" Flexpipe, Magnaflow 2 1/4" Cat-back System, CAI, Fuzion ZRi Tires, FR 9MM Spark Plug Wires, FS Rear Stress Bar, FS Strut Tower Brace, FC 65mm T/B, AEM Underdrive Pulley Kit
Next Modification: SCT XCalibrator 2 Multi-Program OBD-II ECU Flash Device
Old 01-27-2004, 11:26 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
His idea not mine seems like a cool idea to me just gotta figure out how to do it

P.S. don't plan on it anytime soon I love the jammer though all the cops in my neighborhood always wonder why the hell there radar can't get my speed =)

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Old 01-27-2004, 11:31 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2221
What I Drive: 2002 SVTF Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 1 focuzdSVT Good Standing Member
Once I get my car back from the dealer I can take a pic of mine and post it.

Last edited by focuzdSVT; 01-27-2004 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:03 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2050
What I Drive: CD Silver 03 Focus SVT Euro

FF Reputation: 1 03svt Good Standing Member
ive drove without abs for years, so whats the big deal loseing it if it kills TC at the same time?
Old 01-28-2004, 07:45 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 475
What I Drive: 2003 ZX-3

FF Reputation: 1 bmonninger Good Standing Member
I dont like the traction control either. It really hurts you if your racing someone, because you loose power after it is activated.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:18 AM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2736
What I Drive: 2003 ST170 Imperial Blue

FF Reputation: 1 cschoppe Good Standing Member
First thing i do when i get in is turn the TC off.... would be nice to have it off permanently
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Purple]----====----[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]ST170 : Imperial Blue : Dead stock[/COLOR]
[URL=http://members.optusnet.com.au/cschoppe/images/st170][COLOR=Indigo]Chris' ST170 [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Old 01-29-2004, 03:49 PM   #9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2567
What I Drive: 2003 svt

FF Reputation: 1 svted Good Standing Member
i plan on hillclimbing come spring. the traction control must go and so must the abs.. i heard they were on the same fuse so this is perfect for me. i'd rather have the convenience of a switch than poping fuses all the time. just checking if anyone had done it.. i'd love to see pix if you've done it focuzdsvt. or a description would do fine. any help is good help. thanks.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:10 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2221
What I Drive: 2002 SVTF Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 1 focuzdSVT Good Standing Member
Go to radioshack and get a fuse holder (pic 1) crimp-on quick disconects (2) a some kind of switch(3) and spare wire. Take out the fuse for the TC. On one end of the fuse holder put a quick disconect on, then put one on a piece of wire. Conect the other end of the wire and fuse holder to the switch. Plug in the quick disconects where the fuse goes for the TC and put the TC fuse in the holder. Mount it under the dash. When turned off your ABS light will be on. It maybe $10-15 for all the parts. Hope it is understandable.

Last edited by focuzdSVT; 01-29-2004 at 04:54 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.