Focus GT - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 16891
What I Drive: 2003 silver svt

FF Reputation: 1 Hertz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thumbs up Focus GT

Ford should have named this car the Focus GT. When I tell people it's a Focus SVT, they don't get it. So I say it's a pimped out Focus.....still not great.

But, Focus GT has a nice ring to it, and separates it from a regular boring Focus. I think I'll call it that from now on. Who's with me???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
I say PIRANHA

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"
Old 09-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #3
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I say, if someone has no idea what "SVT" signifies, they are probably not going to understand any other adjective you throw at them trying to elevate your focus to a level above "the regular" focus. Who cares? I didn't buy my car so other people would be impressed.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:12 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23313
What I Drive: 2002 Silver SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 SVTJackl Good Standing Member
You say SVT and then you explain that it means "special vehicles team" and that it is a unique and high performance Focus that was made in very limited numbers.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:02 PM   #5
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
I just say "you know what the Mustang Cobra and the F150 Lightning are, right?" And then of course, they go "yeah..." with that pause like the light bulb is about to turn on, and I tell them "well, this is another of those special SVT models." And I can literally see it as they put 2+2 together "oh, so it's like, a limited production, high-performance model of the regular car?"
Old 09-24-2005, 11:23 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 242,593, Level 100
Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
If they are Ford freaks..they will know, if they aren't...the heck with them...LOL
Old 09-24-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
OMGVTAK!

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 188,432, Level 100
Points: 188,432, Level: 100 Points: 188,432, Level: 100 Points: 188,432, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
^That's what I am sayin'

If you have a theme idea for Ride of the Month or any other suggestions, please feel free to PM me!
Old 09-25-2005, 01:57 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3468
What I Drive: JDM Mugen Turtle

FF Reputation: 4 sexy2002svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^lol..............yeah, most people just think i have a "hooked up" focus, only a couple people actually understand/get/care that it is different from the other focus models..............
Old 09-25-2005, 06:05 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27581
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red SVT 3-Door

FF Reputation: 1 harold_bowlin Good Standing Member
Yea, I have had mine called a tricked out Focus, and various other things. I really think it makes people look like a real ass when you say "I have an SVT Focus" and then they are like oh..those cars are pieces of crap, and you can totally tell that they have no idea what SVT means. Most of them think they know it all and are scared to ask what it means if they don't know. It really annoys me.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:14 PM   #10
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Yep, people do it all the time, but you can't really blame them. We have different interests than they do. Now, posers... well, they're just lame. I had a person in my class tell me he owned an SVT Focus, but he wrecked it a long time ago. I asked when he got it, and he said back in 2001. Yeah, no SVT then, buddy, and I called his bluff.

I usually don't waste my time telling people what I drive. This is what I say, and this is what they hear, respectively: "I drive an SVT Focus." "I drive a blah blah Focus." I just prefer to show people my car that are somewhat interested, and most are surprised when I tell them everything on it came from the factory that way.

Oh well, on a side note. I ran across another person's black SVT Focus with the euro-package. I thought it was very strange running across it, but I parked next to it anyway. They never came back before I left. I'm waiting for someone to park their SVT next to mine, so I can stop being the stalker.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil

Last edited by Oni; 09-25-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.