Think i hurt the car??? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2003, 01:18 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 222
What I Drive: 2004 Chevy Avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 bryanjw82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Talking Think i hurt the car???

Ok so i was wondering if you think i hurt my car at all. I was cruising around with some friends and everything and we are just chillin. We decide to go up on top of this parking garage for this theatre and just chill up there. So we get up there and we have the music up and everything and people are like comming up to the car looking at it and listening to the music. Then this damn "rent a cop" for the theatre comes up the stairs to the top and starts walking my way. I think he was comming over to tell me to leave or something i dont know and i didn't care i was in the mood to piss him off. lol. So we all jump in the car and i dont know why but i threw it into reverse and slammed down the gas pedal and didn't relize that i was redlining and bouncing off that little peg. Then i dropped the clutch while doing that and did a standing reverse burnout like you wouldn't believe. I was looking behind me to go in reverse and noticed my car wasn't moving so i glanced at my gauge and it was peggin. i was like oh shit, and thats when i relized i was redlining for a long period of time, because it was just spinning the crap out of the tires. I let off a little and it started going back. Then i slammed it into 1st while my friends were flicking off the rent-a-cop and burned out all through that section of the garage. LOL. I went threw all 4 floors of that garage as fast as i could around corners and everything to get out of there because i saw the rent-a-cop on his walkie talkie before we left the top floor calling something in. And i had noticed that there was two cops sitting in a parking lot in the mall real close to the garage. So i just wanted the H*** out of there. When i exited the garage i pulled out casually and went on my way. LOL. But the smell from my car was unbelievable. It was either the rubber from the tires or my friend said it might of been the belts since it was revving at max that time in reverse i dunno. Maybe the transmission? Who knows what it could be. My car has been running fine since then and hasn't had any noticable problems. Its been 5 days since then. Oh ya and when i was going in reverse i almost hit some peeps walking by! They should know to get outta the way when im in a hurry, ya know? LOL

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2003, 01:34 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 324
What I Drive: VW GLI 1.8Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 CowsGoMoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you were just red lining, then it's not a big deal, your ecu electronically controls your redline to prevent your engine from blowing up... If you dropped your clutch at redline, then you just degraded the life of your transmission a bit, but you probably didn't do anything that's going to cause you a problem any time soon. You probably smelled the tires burning or your gears grinding. Don't do that stupid shit anymore, burning out, in reverse, at night time, in a small parking lot, with ****ing people behind you? Are you trying to kill someone and ruin your life, another person's life, and their family? shiznit. So in conclusion, don't drop your clutch at redline going into gear, and watch out for people for shits sake.

My ZX5 Focus!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:43 AM   #3

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Nice. By thrashing your car and sending it to an early grave, you (and other young SVT owners) will make the value of my SVT go up in the future, as I will have one of the few well-cared-for SVT's left by then. I drive mine enthusiastically, but there's a difference between that and insanity. More stunts like that and you will have some expensive repair bills to deal with. If you're worried about hurting the car, then perhaps you should consider modifying your reckless driving habits.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:12 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 259
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 1 awebb Good Standing Member
If he wants to drive like a moron, let him. He'll be the one one day when he looks at the repair bill.

Speed: AEM Short Ram Intake, Focus Central Race Header, Custom 2.25" Header-Back Exhaust.

Looks: Red Shorty Antenna, Superblue headlights.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:40 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 235
What I Drive: 03 Infrared Focus SVT, 01 Mercury Villager

FF Reputation: 1 jollyjohnj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
...or better yet when he backs over some kid.... at least I know there are no theatres around here that have parking garages. Driving like that is stupid especially when people are around. Are you sure you weren't doing something else illegal up there. The rent-a-cop would have either told you to (a)turn down your stereo or (b)leave, and to avoid that you risked other people's lives.... gee I think we need to rethink our decision making process just a little.

Hey don't get me wrong my friend I was a stupid kid once too, but according to your profile you are around 21, it's time to mature.

**steps down off of soapbox**
SVT SQUAD #39
Old 09-11-2003, 08:48 AM   #6
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 394
What I Drive: cd silver svtf

FF Reputation: 1 svtsvtsvt Good Standing Member
keep haven fun. but when she brakes i got dibs on the carcas.

watch out for people they have the right of way. and dont have built in air bags
Old 09-11-2003, 12:14 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117
What I Drive: '02 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Jonny Bolt Good Standing Member
I agree with SVT4me and JollyJohn.

what you were probably smelling was your clutch.

I suggest you join your local SVTOA chapter and go to an Auto-X, and learn how to drive. Stay off the streets if your gonna be a reckless maniac. Usually takes a death or 2 (usually a close friend) for some people to wake up and/or grow up.
Mods: See Profile
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...1/fc1102aa.jpg
boardadmin@teamfocus.us
Old 09-11-2003, 12:44 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Well ill keep driving any way i like. And for the thing about crying over a repair bill? please. Id rather have a shit load of fun in my car and drive like i want than just drive it enthusiastically and have fun once and a while. And if you dont like it too bad. And ill stay on the road too passing you and cutting you off and brake checking your anuses until i see fit. Anyone standing behind a car that is driving eratically needs to have their head checked. Plus people dont need to be all up in my business and all next to my car. And the person talking about the value of your svt focus going up, that is just retarded. Ya its a nice car, but it isn't a damn exotic. Its a sorta suped up econo box, and nothing else. A death or two? Whatever man, people go when they go. If i get killed by my driving habits than so be it. Better than dieing of some disease when i get old. Ill race on the streets and drive nuts down the highway until the day i die.
Performance Mods: FC short shifter, Magnaflow exhaust, HEI wrapped svt header, BBK TB, orp, MSD coil & wires, Diablo Tuner, VF engineering rear engine mount, EBC slotted and dimpled rotors f&r, EBC green stuff pads, PowerWorks Supercharged
Old 09-11-2003, 01:01 PM   #9

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
That's very mature of you. Please stay out of California as I don't want to be killed by someone who cares so little about human life that they don't mind killing themselves, too. Maybe you don't agree with us, that's fine. But you should be thinking about others while you drive. Driving is a PRIVILEDGE, not a RIGHT, and it is something that the government can take away from you. And if you're gonna post about your idiotic driving adventures, expect some of us to disagree with you, mmkay?
Old 09-11-2003, 01:04 PM   #10
Focus Addict

No problem, everyone has their rights, and you definetly have the right to disagree.
Performance Mods: FC short shifter, Magnaflow exhaust, HEI wrapped svt header, BBK TB, orp, MSD coil & wires, Diablo Tuner, VF engineering rear engine mount, EBC slotted and dimpled rotors f&r, EBC green stuff pads, PowerWorks Supercharged

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.