HYPNOTIC (sp) rev limiter - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Banned

Fan#: 2593
FF Reputation: 1 SVT ewx ca Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
HYPNOTIC (sp) rev limiter

Hello friends-

Heres what I wana do, I hear about everyone and their fantastic experiences with the hypnotic tune/short ram intake.

I know the rep from that company is lurking around here, Id like to do a intake/tune package on my svt focus.
If you could email me I can send you payment- zeke180@yahoo.com

Currently im running a cai(dislike), orp, and full catback. I plan on getting a 65mm tb.
questions I had about the tune:

1. Is there any mods I can do that enhance the tune even more? (of course looking for max power low/top)
2. Do I need the tune professionally installed?
3. Would I need to list the modifications I have done to get a proper tune?
4. Can the rev limiter be set slightly higher? (what is safe/benefical 7,500?)

besides for that _ anyone who is bored and throw in suggestions or comments

i enjoy my svtf, but i would enjoy it much more if i could reach (or get close to) the 200hp mark. ThankYou

* * * * *** SVT ewx ca , orange county

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
Banned

Oh ya, did FocusSport ( a local californian shop for me ) produce aftermarket cams for the DOHC svtf yet?
I bet with those, intake, and a tune you'd hit 200hp. That is if they are even available...
Old 05-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20554
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Daeron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
As far as I know, there are no aftermarket cams for our car yet. You can order an SCT Xcal at www.hypillauto.com, but a new version is due out VERY shortly (he is taking pre-orders for it) and will be priced around 350ish. You can get a Predator at www.focus-power.com (he's the guy that makes the slick turbo kits for our car).

GL and have fun with your new tune
#2277 of 3985 born on 5/27/03
SVT Squad #20

SCT XCal2 (Hypnotic), AEM CAI, VR rear engine mount, FC ORP, FRPP STS, FC 2pc UDP, Eibach Pro-Kit springs/KYB AGX dampers, FRPP HIDs, Sony CDX-M8815X, Pioneer TS-A6880R front speakers, 16" Rota Grid (Royal Gunmetal) w/Falken Azenis RT615's

2004 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible, Mystichrome
#292 of 1896
Old 05-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20050
What I Drive: 2002 Infrared SVT

FF Reputation: 1 cleanSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT ewx ca
Oh ya, did FocusSport ( a local californian shop for me ) produce aftermarket cams for the DOHC svtf yet?
I bet with those, intake, and a tune you'd hit 200hp. That is if they are even available...
FS only have a few cams at the moment which only a select few are getting locally. FS will be releasing them once they have enough produced.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
Banned

I contacted Randy today, I may be one of those lucky few (crossing fingers).

Anyone raise the rev on their svt's?
Old 05-21-2005, 12:57 PM   #6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 14077
What I Drive: 2006 Silverstone S2000

FF Reputation: 1 svtweston Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yea mines all the way up to 7800, on a x cali tune from focus sport. they said your internals are fine the only thing they worry about is your oil pump exploding at 8000 rpm, so thats why they dont go any higher then 7800, and just to let you know it makes the most awesome sound from 7000- 7600.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #7
Banned

nice im talking to randy hopefully i can get setup with a pair of aftermarket camshafts for my svt and a tune....hopeeeeeeeeefully
Old 05-21-2005, 03:43 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9564
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dudley123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Depending on whether or not randy is gettin u some cams, i dunno. I think he already has enough people, But anyways. Hypnotics tune is the SH!t. The Rev limiter is raised with the tune. No more riding the clutch out, bogging or anything. If you want to talk to him either PM him, or call him or visit www.hypillauto.com The tune he sends you is based on your modifications to an extent to were he can tune in other things with the mods you have.
SVT Squad #76
2002 Infra-Red SVT
Performance:
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, FC ORP, Steeda STS, HIA Intake, Prothane Tranny Mount Inserts, Hypnotic tune,
QTP Cutout, NX Wet Kit(soon to be Direct Port), SVT Head .030 Milled, Ferrea Stainless Valves, Cometics HeadGasket, Port Matched, Intake/Exhaust Ports, ARP Head Studs, MUCH MUCH MORE, Done PM if interested.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:17 PM   #9
Banned

nice thank you

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.