Well the time has come... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2003, 12:55 PM   #1
svt-inator

Fan#:
Unhappy Well the time has come...

For financial reasons, I have to sell my car. Now I have look at NADA and Kellys Blue Book and I am having a hard time coming up with a good price to sell my car for. NADA says $13,200 to a dealer and 15,625 to sell on my own and Kelly's says $12,415. Now I only have 5,700 miles on a 2002 SVTF, and I'm in the process of returning the few things I've done back to stock. My questions would be:
How good of luck will I have selling my SVTF?
Will I get at least $13,000, (for I still owe $15,900 and will still owe after it is sold)?
Am I just screwed?
Has anyone here had any luck selling theirs for a good price?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks All,
One Sad Boy

P.S. Anyone with a stock Cat they want to sell please P.M. me. Thank you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2003, 01:31 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1919
What I Drive: 03 SVTF Infra-Red & 03 F250

FF Reputation: 1 Rockn&Rolln Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bummer that you have to sell your car. You will almost always get screwed having to sell a car the first year of owning it. The best thing you can hope for is to get what you still owe on the car. You might not be able to sell it immediatly, but that is better than losing a couple of grand. Good luck!
03 SVTF Infra-Red #1346 of 2173
Cold Weather Package
Moonroof
HID Headlights
Audiophile Package
&
03 F250 Badass Black
Old 12-21-2003, 02:58 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1511
What I Drive: 01 lx flat black

FF Reputation: 1 bacc231 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
put it on ebay leave mods on it and mention the F&F and some rich kid will suck it up.

trust me my friend got 20,000 for a civic with a body kit and nos
Old 12-21-2003, 03:26 PM   #4
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2220
What I Drive: 03 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SIUNARA Good Standing Member
I just recently did a search for 02's with plans to buy...I ended up getting a new 03 but what I found out was that the 02's were listed anywhere from high 15's to low 12's depending on mileage, who was selling (dealer or private party), and what was done to them. The low mileage will help you. If you have the time, be firm in your price and wait it out, these things are going like hotcakes around here. In my time of searching (two weeks), cars that I called about early in the search were gone by the end of the two weeks.

Look up some used one's that are similar to your's and see what people are asking...set your price competitively and see what happens. It's easy to want to sell quickly and sacrifice a few bucks to have the headache of selling out of the way...but being patient will net you more money in the end. Good luck!!

03 Focus SVT
95 Cobra
Old 12-21-2003, 04:41 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117
What I Drive: '02 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Jonny Bolt Good Standing Member
I'm selling mine too. And RocknRollin is right, sucks sellin a car with the first 18 months or so, your "upside down". I'm selling mine cuz I need a 4X4 truck again. I only have 11,000 miles on my '02, with mods, and I am selling mine for only 12,700. I am going to take a hit, which will cost me about 3k, give or take a few hundred bucks, but it is worth it to me to get out of it in favor of another truck. This car doesnt fit my lifestyle.

You could always try and find someone to take over the payments, but thats hard. You may, like me, have to take a hit. Meaning sell the car for less than you owe, and having to pay the remaining balance. I am just going to roll the remaining balance (3K) into my new truck payment.
Mods: See Profile
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...1/fc1102aa.jpg
boardadmin@teamfocus.us
Old 12-21-2003, 04:49 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117
What I Drive: '02 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Jonny Bolt Good Standing Member
Forgot to mention, watch out for car scams on the net. I got an email from some dirtbag, supposedly from the Netherlands, saying they wanted to buy my car. Here's the email...

"Dear Sir,

I am Christene Whiley from Netherland, I will like to purchase the above subject matter, as it was fund on a web site for sale. And payment shall be through an American Cashier Check issued in USA.

Kindly let me know the follwoing information for the payment purpose:

1. Cost whithout shipping cost
2.Name to make a cashier check payment to
3. Address to send it to with Phone Number

Thanks for your co-operation while awaiting your response.

Regards,

Christene"

Ya right. they send you a Cashiers Check, from some fleabag ridden dump like n igeria. Trick is, they "overpay" you, and pretend to make a "mistake" when filling out the check. They ask you to send them back the money they overpaid, usually about 5K. The check is bogus, but you cash it, then send them back the 5K they overpaid. You keep the cash they paid for the car, then the bank comes lookin for ya. HAHAHAHAHAHHA
Mods: See Profile
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...1/fc1102aa.jpg
boardadmin@teamfocus.us
Old 12-21-2003, 06:46 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
Sorry u gotta get rida her but u never know something good may cum of it

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Old 12-21-2003, 09:03 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm sorry and sad to hear that you have to sell you SVTF. During the holiday season you may not get many hits, but once income tax refund checks start rolling in, sales always increase.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 12-22-2003, 01:00 AM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 745
What I Drive: '03 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Infra3sv Good Standing Member
I think Johnny Bolt makes a good point about someone taking over payments. What aftrmarket parts does it have on it?
Old 12-22-2003, 08:07 AM   #10
svt-inator

Fan#:
To answer your first question..

'02 CD Silver SVTF W/Blue Interior
Audiophile and Winter Package
Hatched 06/20/2002
#3016 of 4788

AEM CAI - Blue
FC Off-Road Pipe
Screamin Demon Coil and LiveWires - Blue
Ford Racing UDP

It would be wonderful for someone to take over my payments but they are so frickin high. Because of a bankruptcy a few years ago, I am paying 18.5% and the payment are very close to $400 a month plus $160 for insurance. I have to decide between the car or my house and right now it the house because it will pay me back in the long run.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.