HIA Intakes are here - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17757
What I Drive: 02 Black SVTF with an 04 heart

FF Reputation: 1 Hypnotic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
HIA Intakes are here

OK gang, after several different trials on the short ram intakes, I have finally found one that works for me.
And hopefully for you to!
Here are the pics:

Slightly larger diameter than the Steeda, also relocated the oil vent connection to under the curve of the tube for better asthetics as well as placing the vented gas in the main section of the flow. This is a cotton mesh filter, non oiled, so no maf contamination worries.
The setup comes with all the boots, clamps and filter, and will utilize the stock or aftermarket maf. Also please notice that the filter extends a bit farther into the opening where the stock airbox used to be. It is actually TIGHT in there, thus the rattle and flex from other short rams have been eliminated. Retail is going to be $150 shipped.

SVT Squad #109
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20554
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Daeron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Looks nice Wayne. Any colors available?
#2277 of 3985 born on 5/27/03
SVT Squad #20

SCT XCal2 (Hypnotic), AEM CAI, VR rear engine mount, FC ORP, FRPP STS, FC 2pc UDP, Eibach Pro-Kit springs/KYB AGX dampers, FRPP HIDs, Sony CDX-M8815X, Pioneer TS-A6880R front speakers, 16" Rota Grid (Royal Gunmetal) w/Falken Azenis RT615's

2004 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible, Mystichrome
#292 of 1896
Old 04-26-2005, 05:35 PM   #3
Focus Addict

As for now, I can get the polished, black powdercoated, and red powdercoated. I am working with them to see if they can match the sonic blue, screamin yellow and comp orange as well.

SVT Squad #109
Old 04-26-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Oh, filter question too. When that becomes dirty, replace or can it be cleaned and reused?
#2277 of 3985 born on 5/27/03
SVT Squad #20

SCT XCal2 (Hypnotic), AEM CAI, VR rear engine mount, FC ORP, FRPP STS, FC 2pc UDP, Eibach Pro-Kit springs/KYB AGX dampers, FRPP HIDs, Sony CDX-M8815X, Pioneer TS-A6880R front speakers, 16" Rota Grid (Royal Gunmetal) w/Falken Azenis RT615's

2004 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible, Mystichrome
#292 of 1896
Old 04-26-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Replacable filter. I havent put the cost on them yet, but it will be very cost effective vs the higher priced oiled version.

SVT Squad #109
Old 04-26-2005, 06:58 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5809
What I Drive: 04 SVT 5 dr

FF Reputation: 1 Iceboy9191 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
These seem kinda rediculous to me....i mean 150$ for a 90degree pipe...and yeah i know that this is how much they all go for, but it seems like something this simple wouldnt cost much to manufacture. The cold air system seems much more complex, but i still dont belive its worth 300 dollars, not trying to bash or anything because im still about to call you for a tune but it seems like if this was sold for half the price it would take the place of everyother short ram, along with changing the minds of potential CAI buyers ??
Old 04-26-2005, 07:32 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
looks good - any chance you could fit a K&N filter on the end of those?
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:36 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Iceboy9191
These seem kinda rediculous to me....i mean 150$ for a 90degree pipe...and yeah i know that this is how much they all go for, but it seems like something this simple wouldnt cost much to manufacture. The cold air system seems much more complex, but i still dont belive its worth 300 dollars, not trying to bash or anything because im still about to call you for a tune but it seems like if this was sold for half the price it would take the place of everyother short ram, along with changing the minds of potential CAI buyers ??
Then get a business license, and front the money to cover the cost of having these made, or you can try and resell them, but the end cost to the consumer is going to be the same. Wayne has spent his time trying to engineer a product that is specific for the SVTF enthusiest. If it seems rediculous to you, then don't buy it. But don't come here knocking a product that someone has spent their own time working on in the hopes that they help out the community.

In other words, and as your parents probably told you as a kid, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
oh and wayne didn't just toss an elbow and paper filter on, this has been in the works for months for something called SVT specific R&D

kudos to him, it just replaced the K&N typhoon on my list of toys, although like i said i hate paper filters and will try to find a universal to fit on there

hopefully he gives me the dimensions i'd need so i can find the closest fit on K&N's site.
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9564
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dudley123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I am sure you can get a replacement K&N if you wanted, but if the filter IS in fact that cheap to replace then there is no need for it. I also can vouch for him having worked his *ss off in the design of it. He has engineered something and spent LOTS of money through R&D. IT WILL WORK, lol. He doesn't just through something out there that HE himself wouldn't buy. I already have one of these on the way, and I will tell you how I like it. I am sure i will, but just look at the other short rams, they either have that unsightful Breather tube on the side, and have the rattle issues at idle and with the engine torque. Also it IS a little bigger than the steeda intake which means more airflow, I am sure he didn't just decide to make it bigger there must have been a little more to gain out of a bigger tube. I also thinkg the biggest reason he is going with a cotton filter, is because the filter is located SO close to the MAF sensor and if you had a K&N filter the oil would be HORRIBLE and cause u to clean the MAF almost daily probably. just my thoughts. Congrats Wayne on gettin it out. Buy on peeps.
SVT Squad #76
2002 Infra-Red SVT
Performance:
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, FC ORP, Steeda STS, HIA Intake, Prothane Tranny Mount Inserts, Hypnotic tune,
QTP Cutout, NX Wet Kit(soon to be Direct Port), SVT Head .030 Milled, Ferrea Stainless Valves, Cometics HeadGasket, Port Matched, Intake/Exhaust Ports, ARP Head Studs, MUCH MUCH MORE, Done PM if interested.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.