I need help really bad on this! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2005, 08:14 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 222
What I Drive: 2004 Chevy Avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 bryanjw82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I need help really bad on this!

I love my car but im getting to thinking. It may cost me alot of money to modify this car to where i want it and im about to buy my girlfriend a car anyway, and im thinking of trading my baby in and just gets a higher payment on her car and buying myself one of these mustang's. Please i need some help on this decision. If i stay with the focus then i would end of modify'ing it all the way to turbo, or sc. right down to the brembo brake kit but all this would talke about 2-3 years. so i need some serious help with this decision. Here is a pic of my car and the cars i am looking into right now. These pictures will be huge but i dont know how to do it any other way. So here they are.

Last edited by bryanjw82; 03-27-2005 at 08:19 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005, 08:24 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17881
What I Drive: 2006 white ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 GAfocusZX3 Good Standing Member
get the Saleen!

nice focus though, but I'd go with the Mustang convertible.

Current mods: None:(
Old 03-27-2005, 08:30 AM   #3
Focus Addict

its not a real saleen, its a 99 cobra with a ful saleen kit
Performance Mods: FC short shifter, Magnaflow exhaust, HEI wrapped svt header, BBK TB, orp, MSD coil & wires, Diablo Tuner, VF engineering rear engine mount, EBC slotted and dimpled rotors f&r, EBC green stuff pads, PowerWorks Supercharged
Old 03-27-2005, 08:42 AM   #4
HTPerformance

Fan#:
Top GT with grey bullitt rims

Brian

Old 03-27-2005, 09:29 AM   #5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 20906
FF Reputation: 1 frathouse87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You just can't beat that "saleen" covertible! But as for money, that saleen would be so much more expensive than modifying your focus. I mean, You've already made that focus look great visual wise that is, all you need is to power that puppy up and you got it made!

My opinion, if you don't care about money, go with the "saleen".
Old 03-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #6

Fan#: 19523
What I Drive: 04 Screamin Yellow/EURO

FF Reputation: 1 jonrjen Good Standing Member
Why would you want a Mustang, everybody and their brother owns a Mustang. Look at the number of Stangs that have been built since the year of your SVTF. Granted the prices are dropping like a rock since the new body style has been released. There is a nearby dealer knocking $9K off of a new 04 GT Convert.
On the other hand the SVTF, it is a car that can only be appreciated by the owner, most people look at it as a Focus with a body kit............But you know better........you own one.
With production stopped on the SVTF their will be no more, until SVT changes that, and I am sure thay will at some point. Unless they go with an SVT Fusion. Who would have thought SVT would be doing a Sport Trac with a V-8? But it looks like that's in the works. Imagine, a vehicle with a bad history of roll over problems.........lets lower it and put in a V-8 hi power drive train.
Anyway sorry got off subject, the SVTF was never a high production number car, it is mis-understood. Has great potential, and a ball to drive. While it is not a collectors item, and most likely never will be, it is rare enough to keep, and a joy to drive.
If you go with a Mustang make it a limited production model, Cobra R, Mach 1, Bullitt, Saleen 351.
Just so you know, it's not that I am anti-Mustang. My daugher still drive the 35th Anniversary GT Convert I bought her back in 1999, I have a 40th Anniversary parked in the garage, and my son drives an 04 Cobra since he totaled out his 03 Cobra.
JMO

Last edited by jonrjen; 03-27-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12797
What I Drive: 2006 Whitewater Pearl Mazda3 Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 oneill8769 Good Standing Member
i'd have to agree, if you are going to get a mustang, get a rare one. can't beat a modded SVT, especially when it looks as good as yours . i say buy her the car, and keep yours. not to mention if you sell yours, you're not going to get anything since you modded it, and that makes it lose the retail price faster then anything. just my .02, and just adding on to the guy before me.
Mazda3 Traitor Party #2
Old 03-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5522
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver EURO SVT 5Dr

FF Reputation: 1 04EuroSVT Good Standing Member
Your SVT looks really nice. I think I'd go with the convertable if your not going to be happy with your focus "as is". Here's a link to a picture resizer (1/2 down page on the right) http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
Old 03-27-2005, 07:46 PM   #9
Focus Addict

thanks you guys, ive been thinking about this all day. i have gone a pretty long way with my car and have put alot of time on it. I am going to hold on to my car and keep the mods comming. all there is for looks is different wheels and a drop. After that, its all performance. I im going to go ahead and get my girlfriend a car, she likes mine, so im thinking of probably bringing another focus into the family. My car will never be a hp monster, but i believe i can make it pretty decent. And it is very true that if i trade in i will be upside down by about 6 grand! unbelievable. I can do alot to this car with that. thanks you guys again. ill will keep updates on my car with pics comming too of mods being completed.
Performance Mods: FC short shifter, Magnaflow exhaust, HEI wrapped svt header, BBK TB, orp, MSD coil & wires, Diablo Tuner, VF engineering rear engine mount, EBC slotted and dimpled rotors f&r, EBC green stuff pads, PowerWorks Supercharged
Old 03-27-2005, 07:56 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20697
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 04SvTgurl Good Standing Member
Lol i think its funny that you mention this.. All im gonna say is if you buy a mustang the mods still wont stop.. Your just going to want to mod your mustand just as much as the focus... Im talking from experience bc my bf drives one and i see how much money he spends on it... If you have the money to spend then its ok.. it might be the cheaper way out if you buy and older one.. but if you get into the newer mustangs the parts become really expensive, although you def will have more hp.. just my opinion

~SVT squad # 136 ~

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.