What to do!?! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2005, 04:05 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9367
What I Drive: 2002 Svtf

FF Reputation: 1 SVTJerbo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What to do!?!

So last friday morning on my way to work i was heading eastbound and as i came up on a road that t's into the road i was on a gentleman waiting to turn westbound foolishly didnt look and pulled out to wait for a van to clear so he could complete his turn, rather than t-bone him i swerved it hard and crashed through the front of his car from 45mph minus whatever braking i did. his fault, independent witnesses verified to cops, he got the ticket my insurance co. is gonig to get my deductible from his co so thats all well and good, the whole right side needed to be replaced plus axle front suspension 2 rims etc. and frame straightening

it looks like its going to be totaled by my insurance co. as the estimate has slowly climbed to above 9k and at this rate i dont want it back because after a severe accident and frame damage im going to be stuck with it

i cant decide what else id want if not another svt???, the constant problems havent slipped my mind but i see all these used 03-04 going for 13-14k asking with low miles and im sure i could bring that down substantially

test drove a 337 edition gti yesterday and it didnt really inspire driving excitement, nice car but just didnt do it for me so i wouldnt want to spend more than 18-20k any ideas?????

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2005, 04:57 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 324
What I Drive: VW GLI 1.8Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 CowsGoMoo Good Standing Member
get the 337 gti, put in a chip, intake, exhaust, that'll take you past wrx territory =)

My ZX5 Focus!
Old 03-25-2005, 05:58 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13621
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 seraphim Good Standing Member
for under $20 or around that you should beable to get an:

RSX Type S (210hp Vtech and NICE interior, 6-speed)
Used Lexus IS300 (Great car, great interior shiftable 5-speed auto)
Mercedes C230 Kompressorer (The little Harch-back looking one, 6-speed)
SVTF (you know it baby)
Used 1998'ish BMW M3 (just a badass car all around, should have about 60,000mi for this price)
K&N Filter, EBC Pads, EBC Slotted & dimpled Rotors, FR Blue Painted Calipers, Spec Stage 2+, Spec Flywheel, Torsen T2 LSD, Driver and Pass. Steeda Engine mounts, CFM lower mount, Ingals Torque dampner (modified to fit the SVT), CFM STS, 70% tint
Old 03-25-2005, 06:31 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20502
What I Drive: 03 svt

FF Reputation: 1 scsvt Good Standing Member
im usre ill get spammed ike hell but what abotu a srt-4? also look into a very low miles used wrx. another fun car that could be a semi project is a 93-96 turbo mr2
Old 03-25-2005, 07:56 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11597
What I Drive: 2000 Green ZX3, 2003 CBR 954 and now a 06 C-dan

FF Reputation: 1 elliottcarlose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I don't know if I had 20,000 to spend I would get the srt-4 also but I would have to mabye a cheep used focus for my daily driver. My focus is my toy and thats all just to fix up and drive on nice days. But if I was able to get a supercharger or a turbo for my focus (don't think they make one for the 2.3 sedan yet?)then I would stick with the focus

Sounds =2-12 Fosgate PS1, 1 Fosgate 5002 500watts RMS, 4 Fosgate door speakers, 1 Pioneer in dash dvd/monitor

GO 4-2-1 race header, complete cat back, SRI, and svt suspension
Old 03-25-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
find a cheap used focus, and do a rear wheel conversion on it
Old 03-25-2005, 08:25 AM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 2656
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Emnodrap Good Standing Member
SVTF!!!!!!!!!

Diablo Tuned by Tom, AEM CAI, Ford Racing STS, Hoen Fogs, Silverstar Head lamps, Denso Iridium Plugs, MSD coils & wires, HKS HI-Power exhaust and VF engineering rear mount
Old 03-25-2005, 08:49 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You could also get a 2000 / 2001 Trans Am and smoke everything mentioned above! This is just my opinion because I used to own a 1998 Trans Am and that car was damn fast and fun to drive!! After modding it a little, it really made a difference! V-8 power baby!!!! hehehe

edit: don't get me wrong, I love my SVTF, but the power of a T/A can be intoxicating!! Also, it was no slouch in the twisties either, especially after I installed Bilstein shocks and Pirelli tires!!
04 SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.

Last edited by jaykirs; 03-25-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:11 AM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 11485
What I Drive: 2003 Infa-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocus17 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
my friends got the T/a and that thing is amazig...my opinion wrx u can get under 20! and svtf u can get ha for under 15! then mod it!!!

SVT Squad (Founder) #92
Old 03-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
oh man...i wouldnt even think twice about that 337 GTI, i would kill to have one, even just a regular one. My friend has one, intake, exhaust, boostcontoller and thats it, runs 16psi of boost and is well into wrx territory. here, check out this one, maybe that will help you make your decision... http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...cle_1196.shtml

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.