Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ist gear stall

510 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Mork 
G
#1 ·
I am looking for a mod that will help off the line. I recently got the newest update for the cold mornings and thebattery light flickering. Is a short shifter a possibility. Maybe a tune I am sort of new to the forum,not sure! I have only 23000 plus change on the car and its a 2003.

#2 ·
The first things you should get/look at are:

1. Tune
2. Short Shifter (paired with a rear engine mount or poly bushings)
3. Cold Air Intake or Short Ram

These will bring a smile to your face [thumb]

#4 ·
^^^ Yes indeed they will, I can attest to that as I have those mods, I would highly recommend those as well! I would also recommend a UDP (underdrive pulley). I installed one and I noticed a difference, I love mine! I got the Ford Racing UDP, it's the same part as the Esslinger. Happy modding! :)

#5 ·
I got the tune and I have less than 8000 miles on my car, I am not worried about warranty issues because I will just reflash it back to stock before I take it in for service.

G
#6 ·
Thats a good point you can just reflash but I will have to wait for funds. family and all you know. So what is the best mod I was thinking the short shifter to correct this problem. i ahve a birthday coming up so i have until may to figure this out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.