Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Which rim would you choose for a black svt zx5?

• Gun metal Excel BK7's

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Gun metal Excel TZ10's

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • White Excel bk7's

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • White Excel tz10's

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • What are you thinking, they are both ugly!

Votes: 6 30.0%

Need help with rim decision my fellow SVT'ers!

1K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  R00ST650 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright I know this SHOULD have been posted in the wheels/tires/brakes forum, BUT I would rather have just the svt'ers respond to this! (For some reason the SVT crowd seems to have more refined taste)

So admins, if possible can we keep this here?

anyway, I am stuck between two rims (bk7 and tz10) I am pretty sure I want gun metal, but then the little voice inside says be different and get white! (for some reason if i decided on white I think i would go with bk7's but i dont know why..lol)

bk7 gun metal: *note, the color of this wheel is actually the same as the TZ10, the guy at wheelmax said the lighting made the bk7 gun metal seem a lot lighter than it is*

tz10 gun metal:

bk7 in white:

tz10 in white:

Pic of bk7's photochopped on a black focus:

pic of tz10's PC'd on a black foci:

I dont know why I cant decide.... I keep going back and forth, I will decide on the bk7, then i will change to the tz10...then i keep thinking...hmmm...white lol.

See less See more
#3 ·
lol, hold yo horses cleetus! Sorry about that, I posted the thread first to see how the poll thing works, now im adding the pics. (didnt think you guys would respond this fast!)

#5 ·
ok guys, I shouldnt have put the last option on there...

just pick the one if you were going to get a set for free... (lol) which you would PREFER.

#6 ·
rims

ok....the first rim is very bad ass and that would be my choice if i picked. being is that you also have a black svt like myself, ill let you in on a secret. dark rims look a million times better on a black car if the rim has a chrome or silver edge. seperates the tire from the wheel and gives it a much cleaner apperance.

#11 ·
thanks for the input thus far. I do like polished lip black wheels, but I cant seem to find any that I actually like the look of :(

also, the bk7 weighs 20 lbs even, and the tz10 weighs 20 lbs 1 oz (so both are still lighter than stock)

I do like the stock rims, but Im doing this for two reasons:
1. I want a set of rims to put winter tires on
2. I want to be different, and this will also help me make this car "mine"

#12 ·
try lookin at www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com , they have a pretty good selection at a pretty fair price, in my opinion. you can get a set of rims for around $1000 and all of their wheels come with tires. so not bad if you consider the fact that tires are around 100 a piece times 4 making it 400-500 just forthe tires. so your basically getting the rims for 500-600 for the set. all there wheels are free shipping, come balanced and ready to just put on the car. pretty bad ass if you ask me. judgeing by the rims you put up on here..you might like these: 1. http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=138979&InfoID=4134&ShowLarge=True 2. http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=139118&InfoID=4134&ShowLarge=True 3. http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=139124&InfoID=4134&ShowLarge=True

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot deftones for your help/input on this, I have gone full circle and I think im definitely going to go with polished/machined lip rims.

the first ones you linked are pretty ok, I like the price, and the tires that come with it look ok. (I think i will check out the reviews on tire rack and see if any of the other tires that can be added for 100 or less are really good)

for some reason everytime i think of a black car I think of a nissan 350z (not even a car I like that much) with black rims and a polished lip...*drools* I must have seen a picture of one awhile back because I dont go looking for pics of 350z's lol.

Im gonna go poke around that site and see what else they have. The idea of new tires is nice, especially if i can get everything for 800-1000. (and since shipping is free, i assume the price on the website is the price to get mounted/balanced tires to my doorstep? hopefully this place isnt in Illinois so i dont get stuck with tax)

edit* I looked at the second two, and really liked that last link, but the price being 1100 is a bit too steep for me. I originally budgeted 600 or so for these, so doubling the cost dosnt really make me want to get rims...lol.

These are 3 rims made by excel that seem to be decent:
TZ-16's 21 lbs 3 oz's 42 offset and only 105 each (700 with khumo 711's mounted)

DL-46's 21 lbs even 42 offset and 125$ each. (850 with kuhmo 711's)

V8 - 42 offset 21 lbs 4 oz's and 105$ each. (750 with mounted khumo's)

I dont know if i like the v8 or not... I do really like the dl-46, but wish it came in flat black. (I have been told the gun metal is darker than it looks in some of the pics, but Im afraid it will look really light) and the tz-16's seem ok, but almost seem like EAP rims with a polished lip (which may not look that bad)

*the hunt continues*

#17 ·
Are you putting 20's on? Those photoshopped pics have HUGE wheels! I voted for the BK7's in gunmetal. White rims on a black car looks terrible.

#18 ·
well considering there are a lot of rims out there that weigh more than the stockers, i dont have a problem with -1 lb

Im not changing wheels to lose weight, im changing to get the look i want, so any weight loss is just a bonus. (but i am considering the konig holes just because they are 17.5 instead of the dl46 which is 20)

*and frush, no im not putting 20's on...lol I dont know how to photoshop anything, so someone on this board did it for me, and yes i realize the wheels are the size of the tires.. :) *

#19 ·
You know what I take that back, I think both of the rims are ugly, in my opinion. I didn't see the last option when I voted, I wish I had. I dunno why you say "SVT owners tastes are more refined" because I see a lot of SVT owners with terrible tastes, like in rims. [;)]

*This is all opinionated

#20 ·
Well granted rim choice is 100% your opinion and what you like in rims, but ive seen a lot less gaudy svt rims, than i have 19 inch chrome mounted under a focus se. At this point im shooting for a black wheel (if i can find one for a decent price) with a polished or machined lip, so as of now all the first choices are out.

#21 ·
If you want a wheel with a polished loip, why are you asking us to decide between two wheels that don't even have a lip?

#22 ·
if you were following this thread you would see half a page ago i decided on a wheel with a polished lip. I am still interested to see what everyone thinks of the other wheels though.

#24 ·
lol. Picking rims is such a beotch without seeing them mounted on a car first. I just went to my local shop to look up some enkei rims i thought looked good, but when i found out all of them were 170-190, and they all weighed 24+ lbs that shot that idea down pretty quick. I think I am going to choose between the 3 polished lip wheelmax wheels, or possibly the gun metal konig holes if i can find them cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.