Wondering what your inital reaction was to the sct tune? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2005, 10:50 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 15982
What I Drive: Pitch Black '03 ZX5 SVT

Points 5,977, Level 50
Points: 5,977, Level: 50 Points: 5,977, Level: 50 Points: 5,977, Level: 50
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 R00ST650 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Wondering what your inital reaction was to the sct tune?

I got my sct tune from wayne (great guy, best customer service EVER) the first tunes wouldnt install, then we found the fuses had to be pulled (46 and 61) then it installed. I noticed the tc off truly worked, and the idle change, but no power gain. I finally got another tune via email (easy as pie to change tunes :) ) and installed it. I started the car up, and i dont THINK i heard an exhaust note change, so i let it warm up around town and then hit the country roads. I tried the pedal drop in 2nd @ 3k but im not sure if im noticing a power difference again. I think i might be accelerating faster, but then again I havnt gone from 0-100 for awhile...lol

for those of you who did waynes install was it a for sure "wow thats a big change" or was it less noticeable? Im not 100% on this (wish i had a super accurate way to time 0-60 or had a dyno close by to check to see if i do have hp/tq increase) because my butt dyno seems to have a major malfunction...

so if a few of you who have the tune could chime in with what exactly you felt once you got it installed that would be great (because if its a major "WOW" than i think im gonna have him try tweaking some other things until my stubborn little svt accepts the tune lol )

also, i just had a thought (will ask wayne later, but thought if any of you know thats one less thing to bother him with) when changing tunes...if you already ahve a performance map in, and then go to upload another performance map, during the "stock download" is it putting that performance map in the factory section of the xcal? just somthing im curious about.

Thanks for your input guys.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3955
FF Reputation: 1 denzillion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
If you want to drive about 35 min ..There are a couple of dyno place in Naperville.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Points 5,977, Level 50
Level Up 14% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
hmmm..really? is there like a national list of dyno's? do you know what the average rate per hour or per run is for dynos around here?
Old 03-17-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3955
FF Reputation: 1 denzillion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
100 to 125 per hour for unlimited run. Go to dynojet.com and find out the authorized location. That's how I found out about the Naperville location.

http://www.dynojet.com/maps/autodynos/il.htm
Old 03-17-2005, 11:09 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12132
What I Drive: focus

FF Reputation: 1 fidus_maximus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
for me, I didnt notice an exhaust note change, never have really understood that comment...but I did notice more pull down low. biggest difference is really being able to use second gear in the lower rpms, not having to downshift as much. no matter what you do to this car (saving FI) its just not gonna throw you back in your seat, so if that is what you are expecting, I hate to say it but you're gonna be disappointed. it doesnt have 400lbft of torque, but it is a definite improvement from the soggy factory tune.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:23 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Points 5,977, Level 50
Level Up 14% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
im not expecting an instant hit like a spray... but ive read many times now that there is a much greater pull in 2nd @ 3k than stock. I think i should be able to notice 20+ ft/lbs of torque... if it were along the lines of 5, than of course it would be very hard to notice.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:31 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6500
What I Drive: black 2004SVTEuro; '02 spyder eclipse gt

FF Reputation: 1 coleslaststand Good Standing Member
I was wondering the same thing about overwriting the stock tune but the flasher recognizes the original stock program and will not overwrite it ... if you update a custom tune, it will simply overwrite the tune that is currently on the ecu, it doesn't download anything onto the flasher.
Mods = Hypnotic's SCT tune; Screaming Demon coil and wire package; Denso Iridium ITV24's; FR STS; VF rear mount; ported TB; Custom wing; VIS CF vented hood; Hypnotic's SRI; SCO 4 gauge grounding wires and ORP ...
Old 03-17-2005, 11:40 AM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9482
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 SVTmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally posted by R00ST650
im not expecting an instant hit like a spray... but ive read many times now that there is a much greater pull in 2nd @ 3k than stock. I think i should be able to notice 20+ ft/lbs of torque... if it were along the lines of 5, than of course it would be very hard to notice.
You should DEFINITELY feel the difference if you punch it in 2nd at 3k. Why don't you try uploading the stock tune back up, driving it...then trying Wayne's tune again, that should give you an idea.

With his tune, from the first time you move, you will be able to tell the difference (im not kidding).
Old 03-17-2005, 11:53 AM   #9
Focus Addict

Points 5,977, Level 50
Level Up 14% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
hmmm ok i think we will keep trying different things to see why my svt is rejecting its medicine :)
Old 03-17-2005, 12:49 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
mine was an enormous difference in the low end and the starts

no more bogging or feathering the clutch to get it to move
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.