Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT aftermarket Cams

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  03OrangeSVT 
#1 ·
Are there any aftermarket SVT cams? I dont think there are but if there are im sure someone on here will know.

thx

#5 ·
I believe Hypnotic is working on some as well.

#11 ·
coleslaststand said:
How much, and approximate shipping costs to the US ...
Thats what the problem is the current exchange rate will make those cams very very expensive for you. They are actually reprofiled cams so you need to send your old ones to them... They are £185 per Cam...

Heh heh I didnt ask about the rally Cams as it would make the car undrivable! lol

#12 ·
Damn that is 700 US bones ... not including the labor because I am not skilled enough to do the work ... that's an easy grand ... stupid sinking dollar.

#13 ·
the best advice I can give anyone about cams is to NEVER use a reprofiled cam. it makes the camshaft very weak compared to a freshly cut core. I would rather take the specs from those cams and call compcams or crower and have them whip up a custom cam with those specs. it'll be much more reliable

#14 ·
crazymechanic said:
the best advice I can give anyone about cams is to NEVER use a reprofiled cam. it makes the camshaft very weak compared to a freshly cut core. I would rather take the specs from those cams and call compcams or crower and have them whip up a custom cam with those specs. it'll be much more reliable
Yes thats exactly my thoughts too... They do actually say the profiles on the web site. Im sure you could find somewhere in US that'll make you some. Custom job, i bet it'll be cheaper than importing them from us!

#17 ·
Bill Gude from www.gude.com makes cams for the SVT, from what I was told he designed the stock cams for Ford. He also does Forced Induction cams as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.