i want a svt!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 12:41 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17666
What I Drive: 05 zx4 se sonic blue

FF Reputation: 2 foc_this Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i want a svt!!

ok homies i wanna know if someone can help me out first off how has the 2004 svt treated you? and anything i should watch out for? now for my other problem, i just bought me a 2002 zx3 ( see im new to this ford stuff, ive always been a chevy man, but rather get a ford than a honda) in the beggining of 2005 (used of course) i owe $9 G's on her and i wanna new svt, the price for a orange black ingerior with the works is $22,900 hows that sound? and what do you think will happen if i go in and try to buy a new svt oweing $9 G's on my other car? i test drove a 2003 svt and that thing was well amazingly better than my car i mean that sob was fast and it handles like a mofo, so again if anyone can help me please do. thank you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 523
What I Drive: 2003 3-dr SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 HONDAHATER Good Standing Member
If you owe $9000, and the car costs $22,000 +/-, your total amount financed will be $31,000, if you had no other cash to put down. Subtract from that whatever they give you for the ZX3

That's a $600-$800 a month payment ($31,000) on a purchase depending on your interest rate and length of loan. And you'd better be havin' gold balls credit, for a good interest rate.

Might think about modding what you've got.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:34 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10546
What I Drive: 2009 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 Silver03SVT Good Standing Member
A 31K focus does not a good deal make.

1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 03-01-2005, 02:46 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5226
What I Drive: 02' Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 spikNspan DAN Good Standing Member
that doesn't sound like a good deal at all man... seems like you should have just done some research before purchasing a car in the first place. If you really want it that bad go for it, but it would be more worth your while to mod your current car bring it up to par with the svt. That is unless you are getting it just because it's an svt and has everything already...
Old 03-01-2005, 02:53 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19416
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 RS3RS Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by spikNspan DAN
that doesn't sound like a good deal at all man... seems like you should have just done some research before purchasing a car in the first place. If you really want it that bad go for it, but it would be more worth your while to mod your current car bring it up to par with the svt. That is unless you are getting it just because it's an svt and has everything already...
I agree... Just do some modding to your current focus and stay at that
Old 03-01-2005, 07:20 AM   #6

Fan#: 19523
What I Drive: 04 Screamin Yellow/EURO

FF Reputation: 1 jonrjen Good Standing Member
Well to correct one point. If you owe $9K on the car and they allow say $7K on trade, you are now only $2K up side down. So this would be the amount you would need to add to your purchase figure. And most states only charge sales tax on the trade difference amount, this would give you a savings on the tax amount of your trade figure.
As for the price on the Orange SVTF, I just purchsed a new Yellow SVT Euro Pkg and gave $17,800 includes a Dell, 12 month/12,000 mile extended bumper to bumper warranty extension for $1.00 and a airfare credit to go pick it up.
It doesn't hurt to talk and work figures, give it a shot. Just don't commit to something outragious. These little cars are not know for holding their value. If you late decide you don't want to keep the car you could be upside down very deep, for a very long time.
JMO
Old 03-01-2005, 07:29 AM   #7
ren
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6633
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 ren Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Also, remember that there are lots of SVTF's out there for much less than 23k. I bought mine used (2002 w/ 24,000 miles) in April of '04 for $11,500.

I'd try to get something that has at least some warranty left on it, but little mileage never hurt anyone. Just check to make sure all of the TSB's have been taken care of and whatnot.

btw ... $23k sounds really expensive for an SVT. If you're gonna drop that kinda cash, you might as well look into an 03-04 WRX,
Old 03-01-2005, 09:51 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
don't pay that much for an old car. it's 2005 now, so that car is last years model. and check the build date, because it could have been built in 2003 and sat on the lot. I just ran the kelley blue book value on it, brand new $18,913. if it's used, (I put in 5000 miles), the blue book is only $15,500. it dropped $3400 just from having 5k miles on it. so is that 2004 worth $23k? hell no! print out a blue book report, take it in, if they don't match or beat that price, talk to the general manager, because that is BS.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally posted by ren
Also, remember that there are lots of SVTF's out there for much less than 23k. I bought mine used (2002 w/ 24,000 miles) in April of '04 for $11,500.

I'd try to get something that has at least some warranty left on it, but little mileage never hurt anyone. Just check to make sure all of the TSB's have been taken care of and whatnot.

btw ... $23k sounds really expensive for an SVT. If you're gonna drop that kinda cash, you might as well look into an 03-04 WRX,
thats almost exactly what i paid for mine, same yr and miles. Anyways, like he said, for that kind of cash you can get a better car than an SVT (not they that are bad at all), but like he said, a WRX or maybe a GTI are about in that price range, or maybe (just me dreaming) you could probably find a used Audi S4, but it your call. If your looking to spend more money, why dont you make yours an SVT, or better.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15106
What I Drive: '12 CTS-V 6M/T

Points 1,677, Level 23
Points: 1,677, Level: 23 Points: 1,677, Level: 23 Points: 1,677, Level: 23
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Hamrhead Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I bought my '04 Brand New last September - Loaded up Non-Euro. It had been sitting on the Dealer's lot since March! Sticker was $21,5xx, I paid $16,400.

5,000 miles so far and no problems.

No Way you should pay anything close to sticker on an '04.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.