Another Tuning Option Coming?? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2005, 08:41 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13782
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 racer1735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Lightbulb Another Tuning Option Coming??

I was calling around looking for various Ford go-fast products this past week and talked to the folks at Kenny Brown Performance in Indianapolis. Anyone familiar with them will know what they can do with Ford V8s and V6s.

I happened to ask if they dealt with any of Fords 4-bangers...in particular the SVT and the reply was 'we're working on a tuning chip for it which should be out around the first of May.'

I am in the market for a chip, but if Kenny Brown can produce anything like they ahve for the Mustang and other Ford models, I will sit tight and see what they ahve to offer. At the least, we might have another option for those looking for ways to improve the engine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #2

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Cool, I hope that turns out to be the case. I'm guessing it will be something along the lines of what's available now, a custom tune that you flash to your car with a handheld unit?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
well, i'm assuming that the term "chip" was an unintentional slip up. Most everyone knows (and I would hope that a tuning/performance shop knows) that SVT's cannot be "chipped", only "flashed".

with both SCT and Diablosport having units out now that can tune SVTF's, anyone who has an interest in tuning our cars can....that is why there has been such an influx of tuners lately...

first there was Tom, then Focussport, then McNews, then Wayne (hypnotic)...but any garage or anyone who feels the need to buy the tuner software can say they tune cars. Still, I wouldnt go with anyone who doesn't have extensive SVTF experience....focussport has been working on their tune for months now and is just now getting things running how they want it.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:27 PM   #4
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I guess what I meant by all that is that there are two equipment options:

SCT or Predator

beyond that, the options for who actually writes your tune are practically endless...just do your research and ask for references, you wouldn't let someone tattoo your arm before seeing their portfolio, would you? lol....same thing...anyone can buy the equipment and call themselves a tattoo artist, that doesn't mean they know what the hell they're doing.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:01 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13782
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 racer1735 Good Standing Member
The slip of 'chip' was my mistake...the reference was to 'tuning'. Kenny Brown Performance has proven themselves in prior applications, so thats not a concern....I'll take a wait and see when it becomes available. I'm just saying that they could well be a viable option.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:20 PM   #6

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Yeah, Kenny Brown is not some half-assed fly by night operation, so if they release a tune I'm sure it will be worth looking into.

http://www.kennybrown.com/
Old 02-28-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11587
What I Drive: 2004 5 Door SVT Euro

FF Reputation: 1 skratch16 Good Standing Member
I spoke with a Kenny Brown rep this morning. I was told that they are working on a tune (for certain) and might (sounded like pure speculation on the reps part) have a FI package soon as well. Beyond that, they weren't saying anything. This could be something to keep an eye on.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:13 PM   #8
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Fan#: 6849
What I Drive: 1988 Mazda 323 GTX

FF Reputation: 1 Darth Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Id like to see some beefy suspension stuff from them!! MAKE US AN ENGINE CRADLE/ K-MEMBER!!!...and other cool things, please!
Corksport IC, CFDF Clutch, 2.5" Turboback, Konis,
Suspension Tech Springs, 22mm Rear Sway, + More.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:26 PM   #9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 16937
What I Drive: 2003 black SVT 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 svt170 Good Standing Member
So I walk into Kenny Brown's showroom today. Nice place, nice people. Filled with bad-ass cars.
I asked about the posibility of them working on a tune or FI solution. I was told that they can install parts from other companies (specificaly Vortech among others) but they are not working on a supercharger of their own. As for the tune, they gave me the name of a guy on the North side of town that they recomend, and another in Cincinatti. I'm going to call them in the next few days and see what they have to say. It's odd we would get different stories.
For those that are close to Indianapolis, Kenny Brown hosts an SVT meeting / G2G every third Monday of the month. Sounds like they plan track events and have a little fun. Starts at 6pm. I'll be looking into that also .
Old 03-15-2005, 05:05 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15448
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 yakimushi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
What is the name of the guy in Cincinnati?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.