More issues with the SCT Tune - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I can't say anything about the SCT besides that its just a box with a light on it and a tune in it. With the predator you get so much more than just a tune (a good tune at that). This is right off the Diablo web site:

Why to get DiabloSport Predator?

The only flash tuner with exclusive FlashForwardTM ability allowing you to download custom tunes via Internet from a nationwide network of ChipMaster Revolution tuners (locate your nearest dealer in our Dealer Locator).
The only flash tuner allowing you to get revision updates via Internet.
The only flash tuner with advanced OBD-II scanner capability:
read fault codes (DTCs) and their description in plain English (no need for extra books!)
both standard and proprietary fault code text included
reset fault codes
live data monitoring
The only flash tuner that logs* live data. Play back log on Predator or PC (Log Viewer for Windows is available FREE on our Downloads Page).
The flash tuner with a true graphical display that's 300% larger then the competition's puny text only display
The flash tuner running on a custom high performance, multi-threading KROS operating system

Anytime you can hook up a laptop in your car and stream up to six sensors into a line graph that shows you everything your car is doing that just kicks ass.

As for the tune you have to consider Tom's set up is $499 (or around there) the Predator alone is $399 so you are only paying $100 for a custom tune set up by an individual how knows what he's doing. When you look at it from the stand point that you are only paying Tom $100 for his tune that is unreal (is he crazy). After paying him $100 for the tune you are then paying him $399 to purchase the Predator which includes all that is listed above.

After installing the tune you will notice that the car feels like it has more tq from the get go which improves the shifting through out all six gears. The whole car feels smoother and more enjoyable to drive. The tq is the big thing, you don't just notice it in the lower gears (1-3) you can tell you have more power available all the way up to 6th.

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
you should really edit this to read "with the focussport tune"
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:09 AM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
and believe me tom, once i get 8 grand to have you stage 3 me i'll have a predator, but for a stock engine under warranty paying an extra 170 dollars for data logging is wasteful, any issues and its getting reflashed to stock and taken into the dealer for the next 3 years.
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 172
What I Drive: 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

FF Reputation: 1 Osiris Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by 2004SVTAutoXer
you should really edit this to read "with the focussport tune"
I second this, Wayne's tune has been wonderful.
2003 SVT Focus - CD Silver/Red #2822
Appearance'd

2005 Mustang GT - Black/Crimson
Not Stock
Old 02-26-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10546
What I Drive: 2009 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 Silver03SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I agree, even though I haven't used the data loging, its there as a piece of mind. I could log the data, email it to Tom and he could tweak the tune even furter if necessary. Plus the large LCD read out is cool too, much more than just a bunch of blinking lights. Im not knocking the SCT, but the Predator is a higher quality unit.

1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 02-26-2005, 12:39 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15448
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 yakimushi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Should this be in the "For Sale/Trade" forum? It looks to me like someone is trying to sell something in here.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:45 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10657
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Torquejunkie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Just a little FYI. SCT's datalogger/flasher is on the way. Looks cool. Still no official word. Will still be cheaper than the predator. There are no numbers as far as its capabilities are concerned. Late March supposedly, but who knows when it will drop. Upgrade options from the Xcalibrator are very likely.

I've had no problems with my tune -- My car was one of the test cars for most of the tunes out there from Wayne, and I've run SEVERAL versions. None have given me any problems, thought the results did improve over time.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:32 PM   #8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6302
What I Drive: 03 IR SVTF5

FF Reputation: 1 JustinSVT Good Standing Member
Was this thread made for the sole intent of slander? Kind of shady.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
i don't know how often I'll use the datalogging feature on my predator, but I know there will be times when I will use the CEL reading/clearing feature. that was worth the extra cheese to me...that and being able to resell the predator if i sell my car or dont want the tune anymore.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #10
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 53,347, Level 100
Points: 53,347, Level: 100 Points: 53,347, Level: 100 Points: 53,347, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 46%
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally posted by JustinSVT
Was this thread made for the sole intent of slander? Kind of shady.
Not at all it was ment to show that just because you are a big name company with many resources doesent mean you allways have the best product

Look at Hypnotic he doesent even have a dyno or a big shop and he isnt having (1 that i know of listed in the posted forum) any issues like FS is

Again it comes down to the tuner and his ability to be able to tune

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.