Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Thoughts on these mods w/ efficiency and some performance in mind

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  CCM302 
#1 ·
Got an '02 SVT N/A. Want to do some performance mods with efficiency in mind. Just trying to get some feed back (ideas are welcome too)...whether it be others that have done these mods or have had or currently have this setup/mods. Was gonna go FI but decided against it...unless I come upon a good deal. I've done my research and know what each does and does not do.

From front to back:
Tune - Tom's - already installed.
CAI - Either SRI or AEM w/ bypass (heat soak vs water soak). Currently have the K&N drop-in.
67mm TB - Response mostly
TopSpeed Intake - If I can find one. A couple of hp's.
WMI N/A kit w/ WOT switch - Though, i think i would have to modify TopSpeed intake so as to make it work.
UDP - concerned about damping issues, so maybe not.
HFC/ORP - Live in SC so emissions aren't an issue....though, also don't want it to be overly loud/obnoxious either.
2.5" Exhaust - whether it be FSwerks or Borla or whoever else. Just trying to free up the restrictions.

Thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
Stick with the factory svt intake with the k&n, flows better than any aftermarket Sri or cai. Same with the exhaust, factory flows very well, only real restrictions in the exhaust are stock converter/flex pipe and the lunch box resonator. Not much need for a full cat back, unless you want the sound

#5 ·
No problem. A lot of people delete the lunch box and replace the main muffler with a 2.5" round body magnaflow, that setup sounds pretty decent. You can YouTube it and bind a few videos of that setup. I myself am looking for the same thing for nine but haven't been able to figure out how I want to do it yet. Torn between replacing both front and back resonators, or going magnaflow muffler and replacing the lunch box with another free-flow resonator.

#7 ·
Exactly. Fswerks stealth among all of those iI think is the best sounding cat back system for the svt, atleast to me. I just want a little more with out the rasp, hard to do because the svt exhaust is already pretty raspy as it is from the get go. All cones down to personal preferance when deciding on what to do though.

#9 ·
I'm throwing around a few other ideas in my head. If I go boosted, I could get the PWSC(if I can find one) or JRSC or turbo. Not sure if there's a SVT specific turbo kit though. But I kinda enjoy my 29mpg around town with my granny shifting @$$. Or, I could just sell/trade it as is and pick up a STi from a local stealership...which supposedly gets around the same mpg's as I would if I went boosted with the SVT. Said they'd give me $5k for it. I feel like I could get a tad more if I sold it on here though(only 51k miles if anyone's interested). Too many choices.

#10 ·
I've don't believe there is a harmonic balancer on the (I guess) regular drive pulley. So adding a UDP would not incur any unwanted harmonic vibrations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.