Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   SVT Performance (2002-2004) (
-   -   Where can i get this gasket? (

Malpopies 02-04-2013 01:43 AM

Where can i get this gasket?
The gasket behind the breather on the front of the engine block, behind the headers that has the pcv hose going from it to the actual pcv valve.

Round, 3 uneven holes, graphite gasket thats leaking oil on my headers and i cant find anything about it on any Ford dealer web site!!! WTF![scream]

Its an engine block oil breather? When i took it off, there was at least a 2" hole, right into the inside of the block; i touched the crankshaft..

TerryB 02-04-2013 03:01 AM

This ? Oil separator gasket

1turbofocus 02-04-2013 06:20 AM

I have never seen this gasket leak unless the bolts were loose , I have seen some holes form in the canister it self and leak oil

This gasket is reusable worst case a very thin layer of silicone


Malpopies 02-04-2013 02:37 PM

I took that thing off and the graphite gasket looked fine, i cleaned it up, checked for free-flow and put it back on the block, but after a week, i saw oil secreting from there.
Mainly i suspected valva cover gasket for leaking engine oil onto the headers and giving me a smooth taste of burned sneakers through my vents while using the heat at idle.

Ok, i'll drop the headers once again and check it out, i'll put some silicone there too.
Thanks and i'll keep u posted.

Energyblue98 02-18-2013 07:34 PM

I'd be very surprised if that was leaking. you sure it's not dripping down from the vc? or even the pcv check valve dripping down to there?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.