Focus Fanatics Forum banner

I am in desperate need of a stock cat coverter and headers!!!

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  anarchyamp 
#1 ·
Please help I am in dieing need of good shape stock focus svt headers from an 03 and the cat converter if possible. Please PLEASE PLEASE. I am non drivable because of this at the moment.

I am new to this forum and dont know if this is the correct place any help would be kindly and greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Mitch

Cell - 512 507 1769
Or you can email me at mitchelladler@ymail.com

Again please and Thank you.

#4 ·
I don't know if they require emissions testing in Texas or not, but if they do NOT, I make this the opportunity to get yourself a straight pipe (aka ORP). I remember when my fuel pressure sensor went bad and dumped like a half gallon of gas into the motor, and alot of it made it to the cat. Well when I got her fixed and turned her on the first time after that, all that unburned fuel melted the material inside the cat. I didn't have the extra money for another cat or hi-flow, or ORP, but I did know a guy at a muffler shop that does excellent work. He fabbed me up a nice looking ORP. It was stock diameter, and all mandrel bent tubing. I picked up a decent and very noticeable amount of power. I only spent $150 for the whole deal, and it's worked great ever since. I was living in Tulsa, OK when this happened, and I knew Oklahoma has no emissions testing. I don't know if Texas has emissions testing or not, or if they do how extensive it may be.

That might be another feasible option for you, other than having to pay for a cat (they can be pricey).

#6 ·
Check the buy/sell forum..about the only suggestion I have as far as acquiring the SVT header/cat. The header shouldn't be difficult to get, but that cat is kind of a problem. They are astronomically expensive new, and (I believe) most of us on here go the high flow cat or ORP route, as it's cheaper and better than factory parts.

As mentioned, if you passed emissions, you have the option of doing an ORP, but the car does get loud and raspy (just a forewarning). Also, you'll be stuck swapping a cat back on for emissions next time around (or getting an O2 cheater for the downstream O2 sensor, assuming you don't get a visual inspection done in TX at all).

My recommendation would be to pick up an SVT header used (I haven't been in the buy/sell forum for a while, but they used to pop up pretty frequently -- otherwise they can be had new for a price) and then get a high flow cat so you can stay emissions-legal.

If you're dead set on a factory cat, don't quote me on it, but I recall the stock cat being many hundreds of dollars...

#7 ·
i'm in the same boat. Scraped the header on something, moved it and broke two o2 sensors. Previous owner did it as well. so thats a $1200 mistake that ive paid for twice. But now the cat is cracked.

so like svtguy88 said, many hundreds of dollars i was quoted for the cat ( not labor).
18 to be exact

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.