Focus Fanatics Forum banner

okay need some advice on exhaust.

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Joni4TA 
#1 ·
okay so i have a hfc and dont know what or if i should put a muffler on it. im all stock beside the hfc. just kinda stuck what do you fellow svt owners think?

#3 ·
I'd have to agree with that. A local person around here had a Borla on his SVT and it was by far the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a focus. It really made it sound like a sport bike or something like that. Well maybe I shouldn't say that but it made it sound like a tuned 4cyl that it really is. On a normal zetec I'm not so sure, the SVT's sound a little different than the normal zetecs do.

#7 ·
Yeah I wouldn't get it from a muffler shop. Go to Borla and look for the exhaust kit and muffler you want and then plug that part number into google shopping. That's what I usually do when looking for parts. It's how I found the SVT clutch kit for a ridiculously low price compared to everywhere else.

#8 ·
Yep find the part number for the Borla exhaust then search the interwebs for the best price. Gonna be around 400-600 new I believe. Used ones will pop up on the Buy Sell Trade section of this forum every now and then, that's how I got mine.

Oh and the Borla kit is from the flex pipe back and includes the resonator, muffler, mandrel bent tubing (2.5 inch), and all the hardware you need. Installation is a piece of cake. (Removal of stock exhaust can be a pain based on level of rust you have.)

#10 ·
Borla or Magnaflow... You can't go wrong with either. Check out CFM (Central Florida Motorsports) they are a sponser on the forum. They will price match Magnaflow CB exhaust systems if you can find one cheaper price anywhere on the web. The Borla CB system is $599 at CFM.

I'm getting ready to have my headers wraped, instal a CFM "street" HFC, CFM Flex Pipe and a Magnaflow CB system (all brand new parts); and have it all done all at once with obviously all new gaskets and exhaust hangers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.