Focus Fanatics Forum banner

I'm all in love again!

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  sleepyboy 
#1 ·
Well got my svtf back an omg it has full power an runs like a brand new car! I'm so happy right now. Just wanted to share

#11 ·
Clutch went out. I believe I got the wrong slave cylinder for it from Rockauto. It's identical to the MTX's the only difference is the inside bore size. The MTX's is slightly bigger so it let transmission fluid leak out on the clutch at higher revs and when on the highway. It could only take 9 months of that before finally failing. So I been having to drive Ole' Yeller' which is fine and dandy except it was supposed to be going under the knife for a rebuild while I drive the SVT, but I had to bring it back into daily driver service again. Works been very slow for me this year on top of other things so it's just been sitting for the past few months. [V]

#13 ·
I was driving around on a bad right side ball joint for a long time. On left hand curves as suspension load increased @ about halfway compressed the ball joint would slip, my wheel would instantly tweek to much more toe in, and totally screw the balance of the car, from nuetral to oversteer mid corner in an instant.

I was driving very conservatively for a while before I had time to pull the LCAs, drill the rivets and put a nice set of Moog ball joints in.

Replaced my ball joints and am loving it again! Great feeling when your car feels new again [:)]

#16 ·
You don't EVER want the belt to jump time in a SVT. It's a interference motor which means the valves could hit the pistons and cause all sorts of problems you don't want. On the normal zetec it can jump time and even throw the belt off and it will be ok 99% of the time due to it not being a interference motor. Though I wouldn't recommend doing that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.