Focus Fanatics Forum banner

engine life

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Dads03SVT 
#1 ·
My car has about 125k mi. i want to put upgrades on my car but idk how much longer my car should last, so i was wondering how long do 02 SVTF's run(mile wise) and should i worry about it.

#3 ·
i drive it a little hard at times but never over 5k rpm and it was well maintained and the only problem was the last owner didnt replace the timming belt and it snapped on him but i fixed all the damage which was just some bent valves so i replaced all of them to be safe and re-machined the head.
also im not putting a turbo or supercharger on it just a short throw shifter, a HFC, and a tune from tom. and i have a K&N typhoon CAI on it already

#5 ·
According to my brother(Ford line mech), a properly maintained and lubed engine should go over 300k with modest loss of power, and moderate oil consumption. I have over 200k now, and no problems except some oil seeping.

#8 ·
Never go above 5k rpm's!?!?! That's where all the fun starts on the SVT, try it some time and I'll bet you'll do it more often lol. Of course with the gearing they have you'll quickly be over the speed limit by the time your hitting 3rd gear lol

Their are people on here with over 200k mi on them so that's not a problem.

#12 ·
I edited post, please don't post speed per the rules. Sucks I know but if you post then someone else post and then it gets out of hand very quickly. The SVT could easily do 143mph stock (per magazine testing) which is pretty quick by stock compact car standards.

#15 ·
Indeed, I have been there and a bit beyond. Only once and never again as I am now 45 years old and need to live a few more years. I am really impressed with the wrecked, totaled, and just plain dead Foci that the owners walked away from, makes me feel much better when I do speed.

What a great car!!!!!
Puke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.