Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Might buy this SVT

4K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  CCM302 
#1 ·
So I am looking for a daily driver and I stumbled across this SVT http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/3395747697.html it's higher miles then I would typically look at in a car that I would be DDing but it's sonic blue and from pictures it looks like it's a decently clean car. Owner says it has a clean title/ no accidents but the lack of side markers on the bumper lead me to believe that the from bumper has been replaced at some point. I will be doing the typical look over on the car but is there anything specific to the 02 I should be looking for? From my 03 I know they have bad thermostat housings, leaky clutch master cylinders, back hatch likes to rust as does the bottom of the doors. What else am I looking for? On a side note, I am excited to get back into another SVT, I regret selling my other one like no other.

#3 ·
wish I had this kind of deals near where I live... ehhh.

you had SVT before, so if it seems to you like it has on good technical condition - go for it

#4 ·
The side markers are tinted it looks like all the lines match up and for it only having 89k for that price is a steal

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

#6 ·
Well states that the Timing Belt is new ... ask them if they have a receipt or look at the belt yourself again to make sure.

Other than that, check for rust spots and any an engine sounds that doesn't seem right if you check it out.

Seems like a good deal to me.

Ray

#11 ·
he was called into work so I could not go check it out. I will be going tomorrow at 3!!! Thanks for the info on the side markers, my moniter is on its way out and pics are weak at best. I asked for documentaion on the timing best, he said he will look for it..I am doubting it was done. I am real excited bout the car, I hope that does not sway me during the purchase lol. I already have the first group of mods planned for it, if it does not need anything from the get go

#17 ·
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! That car was pure junk. I got there and the body was in decent shape, and it went down hill quickly from there. I could not even give the kid a offer, if I were to I would have said $600.. I don't understand how people can let cars get so shitty, then think they can get good $$ for em.

#18 ·
Don't sweat it then, good move. Just to add there is always shipping. You'd be surprised what you can found in other states & fly in & check it out. I have a few in the same area that I've looked at before, & you have it shipped out w/ a car carrier dude, a few hundred bucks.

#21 ·
Those gages look sexy. I know you were not implying they were ugly but I'm just saying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#24 ·
Oh, well then. Wish that was a conversion you could do. I love those teal needles.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

#26 ·
If I was in the market, I would try to find an 04. As they built out the 3 year run of Focus SVTs , they got some what better at building them in Mexico. Some of the problems related to assembly (like the clutch) were somewhat reduced. I have an 04 , purchased new. I have only had to replace the O2 sensor and the dual stage intake motor. ...that it.

#27 ·
Ok so i bought the car using buy it now on Ebay ( no money sent yet). I go check it out today, and the car is mint! I was all pumped until I went to start it....I heard a knocking sound coming from under the hood. Back it out and let it idle in the driveway, it is still knocking. I decide ot take it for a ride and when I push the clutch in, the sound goes away. As im driving the noise comes and goes and I can feel pushing in the clutch pedal. I am thinking it is the throw out bearing, so now I am in the process of going back and forth on the final price of the car. I wanbt him to take 800 off because thats the price of a clutch installed. Opinions

#28 ·
Could be a lightweight flywheel There no Throw out bearing in this car its a Retaining bearing and Slave cylinder combo, Ford only charges 400 for labor for the SVT that how much they charged me. Did you check the Master Clutch Cylinder? Because mine made this chatter and I thought it be a Retaining bearing Slave Cylinder but it was the Clutch Master Cylinder leaking, depends on miles but your Clutch Fork can be worn also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.