Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2004 SVT performance suggestions

9K views 58 replies 25 participants last post by  GTI-MASTER 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I have finally broke my one year cherry with my 2004 SVT. I would like to upgrade performance and wanted to ask you guys if you have any suggestions on what i should do.. all and information is helpful !

Mark

#19 ·
An intake (short ram intake, cold air intake) like the exhaust, is only a noise and aesthetic modification. Dyno results have shown equal gains with just a K&N panel filter in the stock intake housing.

Getting it tuned should be the first mod for any SVT owner, contact Tom (1turbofocus). Also, his three recommendations for performance are tune, ORP, and 67mm throttle body.

these seem like more suggestions than just a tune

#3 ·
An intake (short ram intake, cold air intake) like the exhaust, is only a noise and aesthetic modification. Dyno results have shown equal gains with just a K&N panel filter in the stock intake housing.

Supercharger will net you 220+ whp and cost in the neighborhood of $1500-$3000.

Turbo setup can yield much higher gains, but at the cost of time and money, likely around $3000-$5000.

Getting it tuned should be the first mod for any SVT owner, contact Tom (1turbofocus). Also, his three recommendations for performance are tune, ORP, and 67mm throttle body.

#20 ·
Hey captain, before you go insulting people for making a comment, maybe you should go read the forum rules(ya know, the ones you agreed to when you joined this forum?), specifically the section labeled "respect". It'll take you far around here.

As for suggestions for your car, I suggest you sit down and figure out a realistic budget for your car, then go out and price the things people have mentioned and see if they fit said budget. If they do, then go and spend you some money. If not, be happy you don't own a base model focus with no mods, and start saving like the rest of us.[thumb]

#26 ·
"My svtf is not boosted or anything would a air/fuel gauge be stupid? LOL, YES SIR IT SURE WOULD BE!!!"

Yes it would be a waste of $. Listen to what the other members are telling you!!! They/we know these cars, so listen to what everyone's saying, make notes, a budget, buy and instal parts and go have fun with your new to you SVTF!

#27 ·
It isn't a waste of money nor useless. Please don't say you know alot and listen to what you're saying. Granted it is something to do once you are finished with all the minor stuff and plan on boosting for the future but it isn't useless or stupid.... They will help tune your car more precisly, again not stupid.

#31 ·
howzit guys.... quick question to any experts here

Is the focus ST170 - ZX3 - SVT all the same?

Forgive me for my ignorance but I am desperately looking to mod my ST170 and I am looking for Cam, Value and any internals specs that I can modify

#33 · (Edited)
From what I have gathered from trading parts back and forth with a few guys in England I believe the ST170 is UK spec SVT. I COULD BE WRONG!!! but this is what I have been led to believe. Check out the UK ebay for ST170 and you will see Recaro leather interiors, digital climate control, headlamp washers, adjustable fog lamps, front windshield defrosters, and all sorts of neat stuff that we cannot get here in the U.S.

The ZX3 is simply an upgraded 3 door Focus, there is also a ZX5 which is a five door.
Hope this helps a bit.
Puke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.