Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Dipstick tube oil leak???

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  viney266 
#1 ·
Anyone ever have an oil leak right around the dipstick tube??? (At least that's where I think it's leaking from...)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

How the heck do you fix this??? Looks like a pressed in sleeve or something....how do you get the old one out?

See less See more
#2 ·
the one on my st leaks a but not that bad, however it not hard to take it out of the svt, there is one bolt on the head that holds the tube on take that out. Twist and pull the tube it should come right out of the block. There will be an O ring on the end of the tube try replacing that.

See if that helps if not it could be a PVC/blower issue.

#3 ·
Is that semi-rectangular canister that hugs the block, the PVC ??? and to what 'issue' are you referring??? I'm still a newbie! hahahahahahahah

#4 ·
If the PCV is blocked or not working right it will pump the crankcase pressure out the oil check tube. But usually it will push the dipstick up out of the tube.

The PCV takes cares of the pressure created by the underside of the pistons as they move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.