Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Anyone recognize this High Flow Cat pipe?

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  macdiesel 
#1 ·
Found this on ebay, paid $150 shipped. Guy selling it didnt even know what it was, he had it listed as a cat back exhaust and i just stumbled upon it. It has a magnaflow cat #53006. Does it look like one from our vendors or is it custom??? Is there anyway to tell if its stainless. Overal, for $150 seems like a good deal so long as it fits!

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes thats a good deal in comparison to the price of a brand new stock Catalytic Converter from Ford. Dealership quoted me like $2000 LOL! Thanks but no thanks....

That being said, I bought that one from Jay Racing..... and the weld broke right where the magnaflow HFC connects to the pipe going upwards towards the back of the cat.

Look Familiar?

This is the carnage that happened :(

Here's the best part, I sent it in for warranty.... car was down in the meantime of course, and they sent this back:

The flange that connects to the flex pipe wasn't even straight! So, by bolting it all up its naturally putting stress on the cat more than there was again. Needless to say, it broke AGAIN. 2nd time it broke it ripped the metal RIGHT out from the cat. Had to replace the whole cat.

I'm honestly at a point where I may just do Smog Testing to get my 2yrs then switch to straight-pipe! ENOUGH with this silly cat business.

PS: My cat is currently leaking AGAIN, 3rd time! IS there no end?!!? :'(

#9 ·
Found this thread because I was searching for the name of the company I bought my cat from (Jayracing) and just thought I'd throw in that the one I bought a few years ago is still holding strong. I'll admit that my SVT has been off the road for a while, but for the year (or so) of road time it had with this cat, it was fine -- and a deal, from what I remember.

#10 ·
I went through two from Jays racing and then went to Dominic. Have been running his ORP for almost three yrs with no problems.

#11 ·
Those welds look so bad! Like a cheap amateurish small town muffler shop would do. Plus there seems to be 2 types of pipe materials in there.

Also theres barely enough space with the oem oval cat/heat shields i cant imagine with that big a$$ round cat. Its gotta be touching/vibrating/putting stress somewhere

#14 ·
As a side note as far as fitting around heat shields and such go - I ripped most/all of the factory shielding off, as ~10 years of Winter had already caused them to vibrate like mad.

I wrapped the cat (well, not the cat, but the piping) in heat wrap and have never had any issues.

#16 ·
The post cat 02 sensor is in a bad spot. Riht at the bend. My original cfm hfc looked like one in picture and ended up cracking in a few places. One of which was on the second O2 bung. I believe cfm did away with that design due to failures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.