Focus Fanatics Forum banner

some funky noises going on

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  SvviftSVT 
#1 ·
Hey guys wanted to get some opinions on some noises I've noticed now that I've started commuting every day. 1st noise seems A/C relates, as it only happens when the A/c is on (duh). Its a whirring sound that happens about every 3 seconds, and lasts about 2.5 seconds. Its not crazy loud but I can hear it if I'm sitting in traffic with the radio on. The second noise seems wheel related. Its a squeak that occurs between 10 and 18ish MPH coming from the front right area. Like I said, I can hear it in traffic since I normally average about that for a while in the morning (thanks Houston). So any suggestions on what this noise could be or how I could figure it out? Thanks!

#2 ·
i get that same squeak type noise. never been able to figure it out.
and you mentioned Houston. what part are you in?
i see your "location is Baton Rouge"

#4 ·
I'm thinking it my be control arm related, but I don't know. It's still there after I got new rotors, so idk.

My commute is usually fun, but it's at like 6am.

side note: be sure to stop by the texas forum and say hello

#5 ·
yea ive been checking it out every once in a while. but im a mustang guy so im not crazy active on here lol. but yea i leave my house at 720 and even though im going out towards katy against traffic it still takes me an hour. and idk if my squeaking could be control arm because it heightens in pitch at one point every revolution it seems like. it just seems too cyclical to be anything but wheel related

#6 ·
True, but I'm at aloss, so I threw that out there. Mine only happens occasionally

Wheel bearing?

#10 ·
no i havent checked it yet. i know i should but between working full time and going to school friday and sat i havent had a chance. but im glad you suggested that because that def narrows down what i need to look at. prob needs to be recharged bc its been pretty weak the whole summer. ill look around on the forums tho to see if its easy to recharge on your own tho

#15 ·
Yeah holly hall sucks. The sharpstown area sucks pretty bad too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.