Focus Fanatics Forum banner

clicking sound coming from the motor

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  thefrush 
#1 ·
For the past few days (even before we took it to the track) Jessica and I started noticing a very faint ticking sound coming from the motor. Its a fast ticking but very subtle. Anyone hear this before or is it normal? Not quite sure if its been there for a while or not cause from inside the car you can barely hear it over the radio. But if its parked and running and you get out, you can notice it. Its obviously a lil louder when we popped the hood. But its definately coming from the motor. Any idea?

#2 ·
yup i think we all know what that is... or most likely..... it's the injector pulse... for some reson it's ALOT more noticalbe when the weather is colder.. when it's warm i can hardly hear it.... it's been doing it ever since i've owned my car... there should not be a problem and you shouldn't worry about it because it's not gonna do any harm! but it does get annoying at times...anyways i hope this helps

#6 ·
red-svt said:
yup i think we all know what that is... or most likely..... it's the injector pulse... for some reson it's ALOT more noticalbe when the weather is colder.. when it's warm i can hardly hear it.... it's been doing it ever since i've owned my car... there should not be a problem and you shouldn't worry about it because it's not gonna do any harm! but it does get annoying at times...anyways i hope this helps
Would this be the same thing for ZX3's???

#7 ·
i assume it's the same for both, there practically this same engine except that the SVTF is upgraded with a couple things...

#8 ·
red-svt said:
yup i think we all know what that is... or most likely..... it's the injector pulse... for some reson it's ALOT more noticalbe when the weather is colder..
hmmm... but jessica is almost certain it wasnt there before and this is florida. The coldest its gotten so far was about 70 degrees [:p] Hopefully its nothing major, just checking [thumb]

#10 ·
I gots it too!!! [headbang]

I never thought anything of it though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.