Searching for a 2003-2004 Five door SVT Focus. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87629
What I Drive: 2003 F150 FX4 Lariat SuperCrew 5.4L

FF Reputation: 1 JakeM@MM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Searching for a 2003-2004 Five door SVT Focus.

Hello - In a odd situation. Just traded my Mustang GT for a F150 FX4 Lariat Supercrew. Love it! However, I'm driving 40 miles a day and I need something that gets better gas mileage. I'm looking to trade my truck for two Focus'. My truck is worth $16,000 in a private sale between $13,000 and $14,000 on trade. The truck is loaded. Every available option from the 5.4L V8 to the heated leather seats. Is this going to be doable? I have a kid on the way so a 3 door is out of the question. I'm trying to get two five doors. A normal ZX5 and the SVT.

So here are my questions;

Am I being reasonable? Should I be able to find a couple of Focus' (Foci?) in that price range? Unless I get super lucky I'm sure it will be a dealer trade.

I only found 1 five door SVT in my area. It has 80k miles on it and they want $7,000 for it. He had a regular ZX5 as well but sold it. By my area, I mean within 200 miles. Is that a fair price? I'm pretty sure I could get at least $5500 on top of the my trade, if I were to take it. At that price, could I find a decent ZX5?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Focus Rookie

PS I didn't realize I was putting this in the wrong section till it was to late... Was aiming for the owner's lounge and missed. :(
Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90783
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF

Points 251, Level 5
Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Holden Good Standing Member
Your expectations are perfectly reasonable, yes.

I have a BEAUTY of a ZX5 SVT with "only" 98,000 miles on it, and I wouldn't expect to get anywhere near - much less ask - $7K for it (but, yeah - I've got 18K more miles on mine than the one you mention...).
Old 02-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85611
What I Drive: 2003 svt, silver. 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 Buhda420 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
Your expectations are perfectly reasonable, yes.

I have a BEAUTY of a ZX5 SVT with "only" 98,000 miles on it, and I wouldn't expect to get anywhere near - much less ask - $7K for it (but, yeah - I've got 18K more miles on mine than the one you mention...).
I just bought N 03 5door svt a week ago...... Paid 4500 for it...... 110,000 miles on it and looks new....... Just got a code for imrc stuck open........ Don't know what that will cost to fix so that's why I believe I got it soo cheap........ But yeah you could go to Carmax and get anything with trading in the truck....... A dealer in Calif has a super nice svt with just 48,000 miles on it and I mean very very new looking......... For $ 8,500....... I wish I new how to put pictures on here so I could show my new baby of an awesome svt off....... Lol..... Good luck dude but you should have no problem getting what your looking for....... Oh yeah and the dealer in Calif I'm talking about has tons of good gas mileage cars that would probably let you walk away with a 2 for 1 deal on your fully loaded truck..........

Last edited by Buhda420; 02-16-2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: cell phone miss spelled things
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Focus Rookie

I'm in Iowa, so I doubt I'll be dealing with anyone in California unless it is a last resort. The nearest Carmax store is 120 miles away. Dunno if I want to deal with the whole remote deal thing. I'll probably just have to be patient and wait to see.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60917
What I Drive: 2003 black svt

FF Reputation: 2 bespurcell Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeM@MM View Post
I'm in Iowa, so I doubt I'll be dealing with anyone in California unless it is a last resort. The nearest Carmax store is 120 miles away. Dunno if I want to deal with the whole remote deal thing. I'll probably just have to be patient and wait to see.
I drove 7 hours to get my SVTF. It was worth it. A 59 year old woman had bought it new and traded it back in to the same dealer she bought it from.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespurcell View Post
I drove 7 hours to get my SVTF. It was worth it. A 59 year old woman had bought it new and traded it back in to the same dealer she bought it from.
it really is worth it it...... I would have drove there and got it myself but i only had 5000 for a car...... It looks totally new..........
Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Taciturn. Your turn.

Fan#: 84221
What I Drive: '03 SVT EAP "Eurotrish"

Points 2,236, Level 28
Points: 2,236, Level: 28 Points: 2,236, Level: 28 Points: 2,236, Level: 28
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 22 Sniper Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
If you want to buy a one specific car (old, rare, or low production) you might need to keep an open mind about how far you want to go. I had a friend that took a 7 hour train ride to get a SRT4 and another that went to Florida and NJ to get some '82/'84 Mazda trucks. If I ever want to get another Fox mustang I'm looking well out of the rust belt... or move out of it.

One truck for two Foci seems doable, good luck finding what you want!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Focus Rookie

I'm not afraid to travel for a car, but Iowa to Cali? Better be in the greatest shape and better be the right $$.... :P

Like I said, last resort.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeM@MM View Post
I'm not afraid to travel for a car, but Iowa to Cali? Better be in the greatest shape and better be the right $$.... :P

Like I said, last resort.
Really it is in that kind of shape........ Pm me and I will look up there dealer again so I can send you info........ The svt is going for eight thousand with 48,000 miles and there other cars are all nice performance rides........ Really I have been looking for an svt for 2 years and I finally found one in my price range that looked new...... Only down side is more miles with more maintenance to maintain............. So over the next few months I spend a total of 6500 and car seems new again or get what your looking for with that kind of trade in and not need any maintenance for a minute...... Oh yeah and its the blue interior instead of the red...... Now blue is what I really wanted..........

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.