dealerships cant get it right! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2004, 10:52 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 13565
What I Drive: '04 Screaming Yellow 3 door Euro SVT

FF Reputation: 1 daisyflower Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry dealerships cant get it right!

ok so get this. When I bought my car last month the drivers window was scratched. Later I noticed that the moldng on the window didn't look quite right either. When I got my oil changed the service guy, at another dealership, ran a waranty report on the car for me. Ended up finding out in the waranty report that the molding had been replaced. So I made an appoitment at the dealer that I bought it from to bring it in to have the winow replaced and re-tinted(was tinted when i bought it), and the molding done again. Well it takes them 5 days to do a new window, tint it, and put new molding in. But when I went to pick up the car, the dumb 16 year old lot driver who delivered my car to me pulls up with the driver window down! Yes the one that had just been tinted that morning! So of course I put the window up and yes it was scratched! I tried to confron t the lot guy but he ran away as soon as I said to him that I just had that window tinted. I talked to the manager and he didn't off anything to me at that moment except to let him know the next time I would be in for service so he could have the window re tinted again at that time. The frustrating part was that this dealerhsip is 45 minutes away so bringing it their for service wasn't going to happen. I would pass 3 other Ford dealerhsips on the way their. They didn't offere me any other alternatives so if I want it done again I have to go there. So now I have to take it back again to this dealeship that is 45 minutes away for them to re-tint the window once again, tomorrow.

Do any of you know if the dealerhsips are required to only have certain people drive the SVT's? Like managers or something? Cause I don't think that these 16 year olds should be driving my car. I paid a lot for the SVT exclusivity and think that my car should get special treatement!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2004, 11:01 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13059
What I Drive: 2001 Silver Frost ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bassplyr18954 Good Standing Member
yea i agree with that (although i dont have an svt) i think that it should only be the person who works on the car that gets to drive and park it till the owner comes and picks it up casue seriously what do 16 year olds no about cars and how to work on them... ooo and congrats on such a nice ride

"find them hot leave them wet!"
Old 10-14-2004, 11:03 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 14185
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue 5-door SVT

FF Reputation: 1 BlueGnat Good Standing Member
Welcome to my world! I've got a thread in here lamenting about the dealership I've been using(in Boulder). My husband and I have been having "issues" with this dealership, and THEN after we've been there three times, my dad (who bought a SEMA Focus off of eBay a few years ago and has had some warranty issues with it) points out that he can't stand the dealership we've been dealing with, either. So, I start doing some research (mainly searching the archives of this forum), and find out that there are SVT certified dealerships (please forgive me if you are already aware of this - I wasn't, as the dealership I *bought* the car from wasn't a certified dealership). So anyway, today, my husband took our car down to Sil Terhar in Broomfield. He loves it there. The service manager was great, and my husband said there was SVT stuff everwhere, and at least 6 certified mechanics. So maybe they're worth a shot? They're closer to Thornton than 45 min, too, I think. They're right off of US36, I think near 287.
:: I heart my "Blue Gnat" :: #1043/1079 Sonic Blue 5-door SVT :: HID, Audiophile, Power Roof :: Born Tuesday April 6 ::
Old 10-14-2004, 11:40 PM   #4
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 13565
What I Drive: '04 Screaming Yellow 3 door Euro SVT

FF Reputation: 1 daisyflower Good Standing Member
Thanks for the tip. Next time I need service I will try them.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:50 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4675
What I Drive: 2005 mini cooper S, 1966 mustang

FF Reputation: 1 malconsSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
yeah my passenger sid hid went out because i got water in the light. so i took it to them to get it fixed and ger my oil changed and they had to order the light. two weeks later i call and they have it in. who knows how long they had it in and didnt call me. so i take it up there to get it fixed and they had ordered the wrong light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the catch is that i sat up there for two hours! how long does it take to look at it and go...wrong light....
====SVT SQUAD number #113====

i drive a mini cooper S now. but im still a focus owner at heart

ASK ME ABOUT AN SVT TURBO KIT FOR SALE!! ASKING 2550!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:50 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9731
What I Drive: 2003 Piranha (OS2i4)

FF Reputation: 1 OSSO002 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I've been to the dealership 7 times under ~2-3months... my 8th time should be some time next week or the week after. You're lucky that's your only problem!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:53 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9564
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dudley123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Well, to let ya know. I am going thru the same stuff. I am gettin NO special treatment for my SVT. Also I am 16. Paying for it all, and lovin it. I agree that the stupid low life kids shouldnt be driving them. I dont like bashing on other kids. But they are stupid. Granted i learned a LOT from working with my father. Been around cars and racing since i was born. But I dunno. Call SVT and tell them what the dealership did. Anyways, its not often that u get a smart teenager that actually cares. So hope us all well. lol. and good luck with the window.
SVT Squad #76
2002 Infra-Red SVT
Performance:
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, FC ORP, Steeda STS, HIA Intake, Prothane Tranny Mount Inserts, Hypnotic tune,
QTP Cutout, NX Wet Kit(soon to be Direct Port), SVT Head .030 Milled, Ferrea Stainless Valves, Cometics HeadGasket, Port Matched, Intake/Exhaust Ports, ARP Head Studs, MUCH MUCH MORE, Done PM if interested.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:14 PM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 13806
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 lopoetve Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGnat
Welcome to my world! I've got a thread in here lamenting about the dealership I've been using(in Boulder). My husband and I have been having "issues" with this dealership, and THEN after we've been there three times, my dad (who bought a SEMA Focus off of eBay a few years ago and has had some warranty issues with it) points out that he can't stand the dealership we've been dealing with, either. So, I start doing some research (mainly searching the archives of this forum), and find out that there are SVT certified dealerships (please forgive me if you are already aware of this - I wasn't, as the dealership I *bought* the car from wasn't a certified dealership). So anyway, today, my husband took our car down to Sil Terhar in Broomfield. He loves it there. The service manager was great, and my husband said there was SVT stuff everwhere, and at least 6 certified mechanics. So maybe they're worth a shot? They're closer to Thornton than 45 min, too, I think. They're right off of US36, I think near 287.
WOOT! Another Sill Terhar person! Best dealer in the entire state... they've taken GREAT care of me, from purchase till now :)

What dealer did you get it from in the first place? (I'm in Louisville, BTW).

EDIT: Thread starter, head there. They're well worth it. Great on the free rentals, good cleaning of the cars, WONDERFUL people, tons of knowledge, and a beautiful, beautiful dealership to browse at!
Old 10-15-2004, 05:34 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I guess I'm glad the SVT dealer I use has an older man that picks up my car, has Ford fix it, and he brings it back. Not saying the older man doesn't get on it and let it rip like a 16 year old, but he shifted it at about 3k when I saw him pull away which made me feel good.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:37 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12930
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus, 01 Silverado Z71

FF Reputation: 1 RockyNBullwinkle Good Standing Member
First off I highly doubt that it was a 16 year old. LIABILITY is something that is taken very seriously at dealerships. Sorry to hear about your problem. NO there is no regulation enforced by SVT that says the servicing person(s) should be the one driving the vehicle. No manager is going to take their time at a Ford to specifically make sure that just because you have an SVT badge that you get Royal treatment. If you want excellent service, do it your self. This day and age leaves alot to be expected from customer service and for that matter, a high quality product is very rarely came across ata dealer service desk.

I've said it before I'll say it again, SERVICE MANAGER = SECRETARY!!\

Ask to talk to the owner if you want something done.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.