All SVT user pls help me out!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2004, 02:06 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14187
What I Drive: 2002 silver focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 oh-la-la Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
All SVT user pls help me out!!

Hi
I just bought a used 2002 focus SVT and there are something im concerning about, please help me out if it's normal for SVTs
1 when engine is cold, it idles not smooth ( RPM swing up and down for about 15 sec )
2 when i cruise at about 2500 RPM i feel like it runs not smoothly, slightly jolt.
3 when turn on A/C seems losing alot of power.
4 what would be the first step mod
5 is it hard to find the parts
if all these dont bother you too much please tell me the reasons too
thanks in advise

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2004, 02:14 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

thanks man, anyone else???
Old 10-14-2004, 02:20 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12930
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus, 01 Silverado Z71

FF Reputation: 1 RockyNBullwinkle Good Standing Member
Nah that sums it up. I've had my 02 since the showroom floor and been through 4 different states with numerous dealers, all problems stated are normal. Make sure you have the YRFO update. Search the forums for that phrase and it will help you immensley. ALSO first mod should be the plugs. That will help a little. DENSO's or NGK's

Oh yeah, Royal Purple fluids, engine and tranny. You'll thank me later for that one.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:19 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2082
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 thevnaguy Good Standing Member
I put Denso's, Amsoil Synthetic oil, K@N filter, YRFO update and now my 2003 SVT purrs like a kitten. No Jolts, no irratic RPMs.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:45 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Yeah as Rocky and thevnaguy say, get the YRFO flash, it will help with some of the roughness of the car. As for mods i suggest synthetic oil, Drop-in filter, and STS as frush said. I dont know about plugs, but since both the above say it helps, then i'd believe them on that.
Good luck and welcome to the forums!

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Old 10-14-2004, 09:26 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You should also make sure that your used 02 SVTF does not already have the "YRF0" a dealer sticker stating the reflash should be on your car. On the inside of the airbox, passenger door jam, glove box even, or on the ECU itself, dealer's vary on the placement. Mine for example is on the underside of my hood. *Yeah I know, I wonder myself what they were thinking when they placed it there.*

Also as Frush stated 1-3 is normal for any SVTF, mine even with the YRF0 still has those exact same issues. Just one of the perks of owning a SVTF. So with all that said, Congrats on your SVTF purchase, and welcome to FF.com.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 10-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12930
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus, 01 Silverado Z71

FF Reputation: 1 RockyNBullwinkle Good Standing Member
The TSB (If they followed it) tells them to apply the sticker next the emissions sticker under the hood. They probably didn't even put one on like when they did mine. YRFO didn't really help the rough idle, the plugs and Royal Purple helped that. If you've got the money go with Amsoil it's pretty much the best damn thing you can buy for your Focus. I couldn't locate any otherwise I'd of bought some.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:56 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2516
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 had one Good Standing Member
If your looking for Amsoil it is not sold in stores. Try www.krsynlube.com
Old 10-14-2004, 02:35 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks you all for recomendations, could you please tell me what is YRFO and where can i get it updated. also can i find those spark plug at Kragen??
Im thinking to get a K&N fillter too but i was told that it would be out of factory warranty, is that correct???
thanks in advise
Old 10-14-2004, 02:48 PM   #10

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
YRF0 is the name of the current state of ECU tune, the various flash upgrades for the ECU that Ford has released each have a name like that. Flashing to YRF0 is like upgrading the firmware on your modem, it's just a software update for the computer that controls your engine. You will have to go to the dealer, preferably a dealer that is an SVT dealer to get it done. A Ford dealer is the only place that can do this service for you.

As for the K&N filter, if you are talking about the drop-in replacement filter that will not void your warranty. Actually, *ANY* K&N or other brand filter will not automatically void your warranty. If you installed, say, the K&N Typhoon intake kit which replaces the factory air intake assembly (not just the filter element itself), you are still under warranty. BUT, if something on your car fails and the dealer can PROVE that it failed because of the intake, then your warranty will not cover that repair.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.