Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sqealing Sound In Tranny-engine

969 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BLKMAMBA 
#1 ·
WHEN MY MACHINE IS WARM OR NOT,I TAKE OFF IN FORWARD GEAR.A SQUAL COMES FROM THE ENGINE.SOUNDS LIKE A BELT BUT I DONT THINK SO.WHEN I ENGAGE THE CLUTCH IT SQEALS AND GOES AWAY.[rolleyes] HELP.
14200 MILES[thumb]

#5 · (Edited)
the car went to ford for service the day i put the thread up.i am sure you all know how service is.sometimes good,sometimes really bad!i thogut i would pull the big guns out this time and use my connection. i will post all the results of this service.hopefully they give me the new clutch&flywheel assembly.
thanks for the input![;)]

#6 ·
Kind of sounds like the A/C clutch. Mine went out a while ago. It mostly does it under power and occasionaly when at idle. Probably not in your case, hope the tech finds out whatever it is.

#10 ·
BLKMAMBA said:
service has identified the sound as the cluthch assembly. i will let you know when i drive it.i will ask them how to properly break the new 2.3 duratec parts in.then post results.thanks
I understood the first part, but then you lost me on the second.. lol [;)]

Hmmm another clutch story, lol some of us are very used to reading about these. It's a well known fact the SVTF suffers from premature clutch failure or just clutch issues period. I hate to hear this has happen to you as well now. Please do keep us posted.. [:)]

#12 · (Edited)
finaly recieved car back after 1 month.tech could not find the noises for a week,got wrong parts for 4 days,noticed motor mounts shot,waited for those,found steering rack problem and replaced,and finaly found axle bearing noise.replaced clutch,flywheel,pressure plate. all waranty so cant really complain. car drives nice with lots of grab and more strurdy feeling to it .[:eek:] [burnout] any questions give me a shout.

dealer told me that the cause of the clutch noise was the throwout bearing.the spines on the flywheel are stronger and the clutch is bigger along with the pressure plate.

VIVA LA SVT!- if svt goes down for good they better bring SOMETHING sufficient enough or i have my eye on the evo MR! or dream car lotus elise!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.