Considering Jackson Racing SC - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9059
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DrunkenMountie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Considering Jackson Racing SC

I've been thinking a lot about it lately, more as a summer 2005 idea (after the warranty expires), but I have a few questions for the SVT guys (or gals) out there who have done it.

How much did you pay for yours? (Include installation if you had it installed)
What were your initial impressions after installation?
Are there any other necessary modifications to go along with it?
Is there any mods you would reccomend with it? (My car is essentially bone stock)
Do you notice any problems with wheel hop or slipping?
Is the stock clutch/flywheel too weak for it?
Does the estimated 200-210 whp sound about right?
Does it run good off of 93 octane?

And really any other information you can give me would be great. I would really like to do this, but this is a pretty big thing for me and I want to do it right.

(Note to mods: I put this in the SVT forum because I don't know how many people read the FI one, but I'm sure all SVT owners read this one. Please don't move.)

#2082 of 4788

35% Tint
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
Painted Calipers (upcoming)

For those who believe an open lane is all the freedom one will ever need, there is SVT.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 07:20 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4675
What I Drive: 2005 mini cooper S, 1966 mustang

FF Reputation: 1 malconsSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
id go turbo...
====SVT SQUAD number #113====

i drive a mini cooper S now. but im still a focus owner at heart

ASK ME ABOUT AN SVT TURBO KIT FOR SALE!! ASKING 2550!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:21 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11347
What I Drive: 2002 Yellow Power Premium ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 zslaton Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I would open up all of the flow to and from the engine before getting it blown. The SVT exhaust is all ready real nice, I would just consider getting rid of the cat and using an O2 cheater. I would also get some new cams and maybe a ported cylinder head, as well as a wider throttle body. And as for FI, I would recommend a turbo instead of a JRSC. With turbo you get an intercooler and your parasitic loses are way less. It is a little more expensive, but you can get decent turbo set ups from people on the boards for just a little more than JSRC, and the performance is way better. Best of all, you could still use a UDP and put more of that power and torque you are making to the road.

But before going FI, open up the flow with the suggested mods.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6660
Location: roasting tires all over the east coast, Afghanistan
What I Drive: 2003 Honda S2000 / 1990 honda civic

FF Reputation: 1 myblacksvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by zslaton
I would open up all of the flow to and from the engine before getting it blown. The SVT exhaust is all ready real nice, I would just consider getting rid of the cat and using an O2 cheater. I would also get some new cams and maybe a ported cylinder head, as well as a wider throttle body. And as for FI, I would recommend a turbo instead of a JRSC. With turbo you get an intercooler and your parasitic loses are way less. It is a little more expensive, but you can get decent turbo set ups from people on the boards for just a little more than JSRC, and the performance is way better. Best of all, you could still use a UDP and put more of that power and torque you are making to the road.

But before going FI, open up the flow with the suggested mods.
they dont make cams yet or really anything for the svt yet, but dont get the JRSC. If you want a SC get the vortech. Its about 1000usd more but they claim 276 HP on your stock set up!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:28 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12930
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus, 01 Silverado Z71

FF Reputation: 1 RockyNBullwinkle Good Standing Member
If your worried about an intercooler go with the vortech combo. runs $7,000.00. I'm saving for mine. Almost halfway there.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:58 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3261
What I Drive: 2003 Mach 1 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 Elementa Good Standing Member
wtf the dude asked nothing about the turbo or the vortech he asked questions about the JRSC, not everyone wants a turbo or the vortech get over it...

id also like to know the answers to his questions, ive been thinking about getting a JRSC also...
Old 10-07-2004, 09:37 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12930
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus, 01 Silverado Z71

FF Reputation: 1 RockyNBullwinkle Good Standing Member
WOW very sorry to have insulted you Elementa, why not do a search for JRSC specifically there are alot of posts about that. Once again sorry for adding my two cents making a recommendation to someone that's wanting to buy an OVER rated product.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:47 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3796
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black Focus SES 5-spd (D

Points 640, Level 12
Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 biketcher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
JRSC seems overpriced considering what amount of hp increase is claimed. Though it would be difficult to gain approximately 30 hp by swapping cams (when they are available), chucking the cat for an ORP, getting a TB, etc., at least you've made sure that you've exploited the engine's potential to the fullest (in it's NA form) before you go dumping your dough on a supercharger. I don't think that porting the head is such a good idea right away, but if you do decide to go the forced-induction route, you should consider porting the head - I have always read that it complements turbo and supercharger upgrades nicely. BTW - everything I have read indicates that the SVT has a head that is already pretty optimized - with respect to flow.

Currently proud owner of a Pitch Black 2007 Focus SES 5-spd (2.0 Duratec) with all manner of options, but no mods...yet.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9059
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DrunkenMountie Good Standing Member
First off, I thank everyone for their reccomendations, but they are all personal preference. I want to go with the JRSC because you can actually get it warrantied through Ford, and while I'm not looking to do mine until my warranty expires, it adds a sense of security in my mind that nothing will go horribly wrong. It is obviously a proven performer with this car, the same as putting a MOPAR stage 2 or 3 on an SRT-4. I'm also not looking to drop $7000, I'm not racing Nascar here, this is a daily driver and I just want something that can be like a project for me and not drain my wallet or worry me about destroying my car and needing to buy a new one.

The reason I'm looking for feedback is to see if anyone has had large problem with it or any reccomendations to anyone looking to install one. If I feel there is resonable danger to my car then I'm just going to drop it and not think twice about it. I wish I had $8000-9000 to drop on a Vortech and Quaife and everything else I want to do, but I dont have that kind of money, and I can't affoard to damage my car greatly. So I thank everyone again for their ideas, but I am only really interested in the JRSC or none at all. FI isn't really that important to me, it just sounded like something that I would enjoy doing, so I'm asking around. There are some things you can get better from people who have done it. I've done my research, and I was hoping to gain some perspective.
#2082 of 4788

35% Tint
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
Painted Calipers (upcoming)

For those who believe an open lane is all the freedom one will ever need, there is SVT.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:25 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3261
What I Drive: 2003 Mach 1 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 Elementa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by RockyNBullwinkle
WOW very sorry to have insulted you Elementa, why not do a search for JRSC specifically there are alot of posts about that. Once again sorry for adding my two cents making a recommendation to someone that's wanting to buy an OVER rated product.
not insulted and didnt mean to come off so harsh but every thread i read about someone mentioning the JRSC.everyones gotta say "buy a turbo their better than s/c or atleast buy the vortech" ... and then it seems the answer never gets answered because everyone goes off on how "great" the turbo or vortech is when they dont even have them on their car to begin with...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.