warranty work on intake? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2004, 02:12 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3138
What I Drive: Euro 2003 PitchBlack SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 8 Shady R Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
warranty work on intake?

Recently I took my car to ford for a issue with the car dieing when the clutch was pushed in. So they put the flight recorder on and problem found and solved. Well when the first part was put on I didn't have any issues, then all the other parts came in and now I got an issue. After they put the parts on the intake is loud as hell. It has a deep growl sound if the accelerater is pushed quickly to the floor. My quite SVT is now a noisey basterd on acceleration. I checked the intake over and every thing to the dotted i and the crossed t is where it should be accept they replaced every thing from the TB to the air cleaner,all pipeing, clamps, sensors, modules and a DSI component. It all looks identical aside from color its a gray charcoal color now instead of black. And the low end is now present, spooling from 1,200rpm to 7,000 rpm is very consistant. very little boging in the lower rpm range. But the car is louder on the intake than the exhaust now.
Has any body had this work done on there car?
Is every ones SVT this loud?
The only thing I don't like about the work they did was the fact that the intake is twice as loud as my exhaust.
A: Obvious sulution here is to get a louder exhaust.
B: get the short ram and deal with it being loud.
C: Deal with the stock settup being loud and turn up the radio to drowned it out.
What do you guys think I should do?
Tell me what you would do in this case, speak freely.
Oh yah I don't like loud cars, period. I like them so quite that you could have the hood up standing over the engine and not realize it was running till the fan turned on to cool it down, That quite.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
personally, I'd rather hear my intake than exhaust. I haven't been having any driveability issues, but I do have a health growl from my stock intake. I dont' mind it, cuz I'd rather hear a growl than a long drawn out fart.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:20 AM   #3
Supercharged

Fan#: 10982
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 SVT, 2004 Ford Ranger 4x4

Points 13,364, Level 75
Points: 13,364, Level: 75 Points: 13,364, Level: 75 Points: 13,364, Level: 75
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Hillyard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally posted by crazymechanic
personally, I'd rather hear my intake than exhaust. I haven't been having any driveability issues, but I do have a health growl from my stock intake. I dont' mind it, cuz I'd rather hear a growl than a long drawn out fart.
Hah

I think your best bet is to get a different intake if you don't want to hear it.
#3788 InfraRed SVT
Hill <><
Old 09-12-2004, 12:49 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11347
What I Drive: 2002 Yellow Power Premium ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 zslaton Good Standing Member
I'd take it back to the dealership and tell them to fix it. First, it doesn't meet you expectations for noise. Second, who the hell knows what is causing the problem. It would really suck to have something that fails down the road and costs you more money to fix. Take it back and have them work on it until you are satisfied.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:04 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9047
What I Drive: '02 liquid gray SE/ '05 Orange Blast SRT-4

FF Reputation: 1 dub g-unit Good Standing Member
I have to agree with zslaton, if you're not satisfied, take it back to the dealer. Me personally, I would leave it because I like loud intakes.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:23 PM   #6
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Did they forget to put the "silencer" on?
It's the little "S" shaped piece that comes from the airbox, and sits right next to the windshield washer reservoir.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:36 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3138
What I Drive: Euro 2003 PitchBlack SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 8 Shady R Good Standing Member
WD40 yes all components are in place on the entire intake. I even got a second on that from Cell. It's the same sound it would make with it removed and then some. Thats the first thing I thought when I first heard it and started to check it over with a fine tooth cumb. I pulled the air box apart to check it all over even, and it's all there, even down to the dust left over from Iron Mt. It's just loud now for some reason. I don't know if the dealer will warranty the sound of my, intake thats kinda of why I hesitate to take it back. Its to me the equivalant of the new car smell, they just wont cover it under warranty. Im unsure I guess what to do now. Thats why I ask if any one else has the same issue or is the car suppose to be naturally this loud.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:35 PM   #8
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Hmmm.
That does sound odd. (pun intended)
Did they change the DSI to switch at 5,000 vs 6,000?
IIRC, you already had that done.
However, even with the switch changing, it doesn't really explain why it's loud from the get-go.

I'm just as curious as you are now.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:59 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1159
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 JRSCSVT Good Standing Member
So, you are saying your induction is now a charcoal color insted of black. Im very curious to see this, could you please post a picture?
Old 09-13-2004, 07:22 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I am going to be taking my SVT to the dealer tomorrow to have them look at my intake. Only 700 miles and the cover is cracked (pretty good size) and can suck up air without going through the filter. I didn't touch the intake at all! Good thing I noticed it when I was installing my stereo!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.