Problems, should I give up? See thread. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 10:14 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12777
What I Drive: 2003 Orange SVTF

Points 1,730, Level 24
Points: 1,730, Level: 24 Points: 1,730, Level: 24 Points: 1,730, Level: 24
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 gukin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Problems, should I give up? See thread.

Hello, I've got an orange SVT euro and here's the trouble I've had:
Feb 18 04 3000 miles: Oil burning smell, sticking throttle body, creaky drivers seat: dealer couldn't find leak but fixed throttle body & seat 1 days in shop
Jun/04/04 6078 miles: Valve cover, clutch, flywheel slave cylinder replaced wheels rotated: 9 days in shop
Jun/6/04 6268 miles: alignment messed up from clutch, wheels out of balance from factory engine revs & stalls, alignment, wheel balance, computer flashed: 2 days in shop
Jun/25/04 6742 miles: Shift linkage falls apart, car won't come out of 1'st, ride on tow truck shift linkage replaced, 4 days in shop
Jun/29/04 6743 miles: tried to pick up car, airbag light on, wiring fixed 1 days in shop
Aug/12/04 7977 miles: front bumper cowling squeeking, tires out of balance, clutch noise: Dealer says no vibration felt, no cluch noise heard, removed headlight resecured bumper cover & crash pad: 1 days in shop
Sep/01/04 8520 miles: buring oil smell, variable cam timing seal & valve cover replaced: 6 days in shop.

The clutch sound is getting louder and I've only got until Nov 16 before my year is up and I have to pay for the clutch. Should I try a lemon law claim on this turkey? Is this a normal failure rate for this car? I'm just afraid that the dealer will tell me to go to hell and I'll be stuck with this thing in my garage until I pay it down enough to part it out. Damn, this sure isn't what I expected.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2004, 09:44 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12276
What I Drive: 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO

FF Reputation: 1 Stephen S. Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Absolutely go lemon law with that. That is entirely inexcusable. I hope my posts 7 months from now wont read like that. I'm already having trouble with the fuel system in mine (3k miles), and one more time and I'm going to try a lemon law claim. You have much more patience than I do.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:05 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2462
What I Drive: 2002 Redfire Mustang Gt

FF Reputation: 1 Svt4life Good Standing Member
Go with the lemon law - im in a process of a buyback - and have filed the complaint to the dispute board. If you need more information on a buyback process your dealer should have it. Sorry to hear ur having so many problems but ur not alone - Good Luck
Old 09-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4864
What I Drive: 09 civic si

FF Reputation: 1 SVTguy182 Good Standing Member
lemon that piece and move on!, that too much trouble for a focus, when your repair cost (even if its warrenty work)= the value of the car, its time to get away from it. Move on to a car that isnt known for its problems.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:45 AM   #5
Supercharged

Fan#: 10982
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 SVT, 2004 Ford Ranger 4x4

Points 13,743, Level 76
Points: 13,743, Level: 76 Points: 13,743, Level: 76 Points: 13,743, Level: 76
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Hillyard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
That sounds like a lemon...
#3788 InfraRed SVT
Hill <><
Old 09-09-2004, 01:21 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 343
What I Drive: 02' Silver SVT RIP 2007

Points 4,387, Level 42
Points: 4,387, Level: 42 Points: 4,387, Level: 42 Points: 4,387, Level: 42
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 lunarc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
yea..wow that is amazing...all big problems, go for it man.
2002 SVT Focus #1848
---------------------------
New ride E36 DINAN BMW, Dinan CAI, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Stg1 Suspension, Dinan Stg1 Chip
Old 09-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8231
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT 3-Door

FF Reputation: 1 jb10fan Good Standing Member
I thought with the lemon law your car had to be in the shop for 30 days or more with the same problem, not multiple
Old 09-09-2004, 04:56 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7174
What I Drive: 03 silver svt

FF Reputation: 1 topfuel73 Good Standing Member
LEMON!!!! I thought I was the only one with the creeky seat problem. Certain states and or dealerships have different ways that you have to deal with the lemon law. Where I am at it can take effect if the car has been in the shop more than 3 times with the same problem. Read the fine print on the laws where you are at.

Good luck!!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 06:34 PM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5855
What I Drive: 2004 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Flowcus Good Standing Member
Im at 12k on my 04 now and every time I give her hell it smells like burning oil really really bad even people driving behind me can smell it. And its not like redlining hell im giving her its like kick it down to 5500rpm-6000rpm to pass someone on the interstate. Also I was sitting at a stop sign the other day and it was struggling to keep running really bad... would give it a little gas and it would still do it but once I took off it was fine. And recently when I turn the damn thing off it makes a nasty noise like something is scratching in the engine. Im bringing it in this saturday to have it checked out.

So far I have had a side skirt come off and thats about it... now my side moldings are coming off. I think Ford and SVT ****ed up by having this thing assembled in Mexico to save time and money.

Peace!
Rob
Old 09-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12777
What I Drive: 2003 Orange SVTF

Points 1,730, Level 24
Points: 1,730, Level: 24 Points: 1,730, Level: 24 Points: 1,730, Level: 24
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 gukin Good Standing Member
Update, but not on lemon status.

I got a phone call from the dealer who wanted to know if I was completely satisfied with my recent work. Aside from not getting a wash, and the mechanic not cleaning the oil that had slobbered out of the engine, it is working okay. I brought up the clutch item and the TSB I read about on this site and the manager said he'd look into it and get back to me.

If the parts are available and I can convince the service manager I really DO have problem, I'll go ahead and do the clutch and let y'all know how the new clutch is.

If it's like last time, I'll get it back with the alignment borked and a week later, the shift linkage will break and I'll get to ride on the tow truck.

I will admit that I am quite patient, I just can't think of a car I'd rather have. It's just that my wife & employer are getting a little vexed with my car problems and I would like to know what kind of car I'll have next week. Still, it's kind of fun driving those little beat up rental cars that end in an "o", you know : Aveo, Aerio, Echo, Rio, Brio, Metro, Yugo, Geo, Camaro.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.