Need Some Help With This Car - Info? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 41275
FF Reputation: 1 sexystratus02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Need Some Help With This Car - Info?

Hey, all -

I am not a regular member. I joined about 5 years ago in hopes to gain some insight on the SVT Focus as I was very interested in buying one at the time. Well, never worked out that way. At the time I had a 2002 Stratus R/T Coupe which I ended up keeping and making into a beautiful ride, and still have her to this day. Along the way I also picked up a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 which I absolutely LOVE....

Anyway, I am back on here because I have, again, a longing for a SVT Focus to become part of the family. I drove quite a few back when I was pondering the idea and I still have a sweet spot for them.

I happened to be lurking auto classifieds and stumbled across a 2004 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP ZX3. 24,000 miles. Supercharged. Absolutely beautiful. About the cleanest I have laid eyes on in a while.

According to the dealer, the car comes from Boca Raton, FL and has had three owners. There is where my problem lies. Seems odd with so little miles and so clean that it has passed hands 3 times. Almost makes me think there is something seriously not right, ya know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone on here knows the car or knows one (or all) of the last 3 owners. Would love to get some more history on this beauty. :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
Random Guy #31

Fan#: 21050
What I Drive: 04 2.3L stage 2 Roush

Points 4,861, Level 44
Points: 4,861, Level: 44 Points: 4,861, Level: 44 Points: 4,861, Level: 44
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Alex Arce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
did they have a carfax on it?
02 Zetec
Old 09-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #3
Focus Rookie

Yes, they did...but a Carfax isn't going to tell me anything about it's performance, it's mechanical history,etc. - which is what I am concerned about.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 21814
What I Drive: 02 Sonic Blue, 03 Orange EAP

FF Reputation: 1 jlovingit Good Standing Member
That does seem a little odd to have so little miles for so many owners. Hopefully there wasn't someone who decided to change the gauge cluster at some point. That would either let them start back at zero or whatever miles were on it from the car it came off of. I have two spare gauge clusters myself and they display the miles stored no matter what car you put them in. I just use them for bulb parts and plastic:)

New owner of 03 Comp Orange EAP and couldn't be hapier.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Focus Rookie

That's what I was thinking as well. I guess the first owner had it for 3 years and it was garaged most of the time. Second owner had it for 9 months? Third owner had it for 3 years. very odd indeed.

I was hoping that someone on here would step up if they knew this car so I could get some history on it. :(

I will say that after seeing it in person and test driving it, it's super nice. Paint is amazing. You can tell it has been detailed often. Not a nick or ding anywhere. I expected to find a mess under the hood but I can honestly say that whoever installed this Powerworks kit did an amazing job. Also drives like a dream.

I decided not to get it only because I really cannot afford a third car at this time, but I told a good friend about it and he is ready to trade his 08 Civic EX in on this car. Sooooo, we shall see!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 77562
What I Drive: 2003 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Baba booey Good Standing Member
Don't worry about it. I was the third owner of a 91 Mustang GT that had 15k on it when I sold it. It just sat in people's garages it's whole life. My 03 SVT had 24k when I bought it, and I bought my 92 Miata with 42k.

Also trying to buy a 92 Taurus with 19k at the moment for a beater.

Have it checked over. If it's ok, buy it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.