What do you think of this SVT for sale? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 76930
What I Drive: 2000 GT Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 Freefallin2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What do you think of this SVT for sale?

Wanting to look at it, but hesitant because of the mileage. What does everyone think?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1928369384.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2010, 05:23 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65657
What I Drive: 2004 silver SVT

FF Reputation: 3 dcwte85 Good Standing Member
unfortunately, most people on this site probably can't share opinions on cars we haven't driven. like most used cars, there could be many many problems that aren't listed. Has the timing belt been changed, how often is the oil changed, what kind of oil does he replace it with, 135k is a lot of miles, how is the alternator, has it been replaced? are there any aftermarket parts? is there a lot of grime on the engine or does it look pretty and new?(if it looks pretty and new, this is suspect for a leak, and the seller is covering it up) the thing about tires needing balancing, how does he know? there are many thinks that could be wrong in that area, IE a bent rim, messed up wheel bearings, bad suspension... if you are really looking at buying it, have it looked at by a mechanic that you trust then go from there...
NW POSSE #3
164 whp 143 wtq with fs-werks cai, hfc,Toms tune. UDP, front and rear stress bars, rear engine mount poly inserts, and has the header wrap.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7853
What I Drive: 2002 Focus Svt, 2006 Honda Odyssey

FF Reputation: 1 vdubdoug Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
that car has been for sale for a few months. I think it is about 1500 to high.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Moved to the SVT Owners Lounge.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67060
What I Drive: '04 Black 3dr SVT, '92 Fox Body GT

FF Reputation: 1 blkSVTfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubdoug View Post
that car has been for sale for a few months. I think it is about 1500 to high.
So... If I decided to sell my 04 that has 130,000, but has been meticulously maintained, I could only expect around 3500..... Thatís seems low to me. Not a spec of rust. Hasnít seen salt.. Anything that goes wrong gets fixed immediately. I guess Iím just confused. Please educate.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71497
What I Drive: 2005 liq grey ST

FF Reputation: 1 drummer829 Good Standing Member
yea, well our cars just arent worth that much anymore. 130k mileage 04 svt private party value is $5000. and considering no matter how low you go, people will always go lower on the price. id say you could sell yours for $4000. also people are risking the problems that high mileage cars come with as well, so they wont want to pay full price and claim theyd like to keep some extra cash in case something goes wrong
Old 09-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7853
What I Drive: 2002 Focus Svt, 2006 Honda Odyssey

FF Reputation: 1 vdubdoug Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer829 View Post
yea, well our cars just arent worth that much anymore. 130k mileage 04 svt private party value is $5000. and considering no matter how low you go, people will always go lower on the price. id say you could sell yours for $4000. also people are risking the problems that high mileage cars come with as well, so they wont want to pay full price and claim theyd like to keep some extra cash in case something goes wrong
I have seen a maintained 03 svt 4dr with 150k go for 3k, it did have minor rust though. So with out rust you might be in the 3500 to 4k range if it has a sunroof, and HId's i would pay 4k.

I price cars based on what a dealer would give for a trade in which isn't kbb and what KBB retail is. I work in that range depending on records, condition, etc...

I am looking for a 4dr svt now and found one in WV, but at 92k miles, and no timing belt service done and am looking at at least 500 bucks to have that and a water done ASAP, plus if the suspension has never been replaced, Shocks and Struts, bushings etc... that is more money as it should have been replaced by now, but it is one of the most neglected maintenance items i see on cars today. So therefore you KBB private value of 5500 is if i had to do no work to it. Since certain things need to be done to bring it to excellent condition, and a dealer would most likely give him no more than 3k. i am figuring around 4k or so will be my offer. But That is just a guestimate based on what the owner has told me so far. I have not actually looked at the car. I also have to take into account what tires are on it. if it has summer only tires of the Toyo variety it needs tires. I wouldn't use Toyo's for my childs tire swing...

These are just a few of the things i look at when figuring out what I would pay for a given vehicle.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.