Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ok its upgrade time, input needed please

999 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  egman2005 
#1 ·
Ok i have just come into some serious money and my wife has graciously decided to let me put 4-5K into my foci, things it needs are.
1: Brakes, should i just get stock replacements?
2: Needs a bit of paint work, my mirrors look horrible right now
3: Tires, currently running Proxes 4's and i love them but they are getting bald now
4: SUSPENSION, this being 2 inchs off the ground shit is really starting to get to me.
5:pOWER?? tom..maybe :)

so im just looking to get some general input, what would you do, where would you upgrade, where would you leave stock?? these are just a few questions i have. OH and a thought to keep in mind, my best friend just got a 08 VW GTI and while i can stave him off up to allmost 3rd he then just murders my little foci, i want to once again hold the flame of power of him (so to speak)

#4 ·
get the thing back in shape with the basics before you go blowing it all on the turbo! You are going to eat half that up in brakes, suspension and tires. Put Hawk HPS pads on it with Centric rotors. Go to Tire Rack and order the Koni spring/strut kit and put new bushings in it at the same time. Change your plugs, wires and filters (including fuel), a high-flow cat and a tune from Tom and see where you are after that.

#7 ·
#9 ·
GO with Tom, I just got his tune any my baby sings like o tornado on wheels LOVE IT. Want more power go with TURBO F2 got some nice kits.

#12 ·
mirrors are cheap to have painted.

but brakes should be done if they are thin.

fswerks is in the process of making a turbo kit.....

tires are a wear item so replace dont take away from mod budget ;)

ok so heres how i would spend your money
1. wife tires are a wear item i already spent the mod money. you want me to be safe dont you?
2. brakes. hawk hps pads are like 140 for front and rear. rotors are like 180 so there is 320..
3. painting the mirrors shouldnt be more then 100
4. suspension a grand for coilovers
5. turbo........... but in order to get all that done you would need to either wait for a complete kit such as FSWerks otherwise your whole budget is going to be spent on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.