Setting clock!?!? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 64245
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver SVT

Points 1,329, Level 20
Points: 1,329, Level: 20 Points: 1,329, Level: 20 Points: 1,329, Level: 20
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 B3NN3TT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Setting clock!?!?

Okay. I'm on my third 9006 OEM stereo. The first was in my original SVT, the second was the one in my current car, which I replaced because the CD changer was busted.

And in all three, I haven't been able to set the clock. So I must be doing something wrong, but so help me, I can't figure it out. I'm following the instructions TO THE LETTER from the owner's manual with no luck.

Here's the deal. You press the CLK button until the hour starts flashing, and then you can change the hour by using the radio dial. No problem - the hour sets perfectly.

Then you press the "seek ^" button to switch the flashing character to the minutes place. The minute number will flash ONCE and then stop. I can't change the minutes - they won't allow themselves to be changed. The "CLOCK SET" indication is still showing on the LCD, but the minutes won't flash, no matter what I do.

I can't believe I would get 3 different stereos that all had an identical malfunction. I suppose it's possible, but really highly unlikely. And like I said, I'm sitting there with my owner's manual in my lap, reading the steps as I go, and it's ALL LIES!!!

So who has been able to successfully set the clock in the 9006, and what am I doing wrong?

2003 SVT #2370 Hatch Nation #91 2000 Roush Cougar 2008 Mustang Bullitt #5389 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17397
What I Drive: 2003 comp orange focus svt euro #34

FF Reputation: 1 fritotec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wink

hit the clock button the second time the minutes flash.
#3495 of 3985, 1 of 301
euro grill
Old 04-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 68850
What I Drive: 2013 ST, 2007 F-150 FX2

FF Reputation: 1 Captain Tuvok Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NN3TT View Post
Okay. I'm on my third 9006 OEM stereo. The first was in my original SVT, the second was the one in my current car, which I replaced because the CD changer was busted.

And in all three, I haven't been able to set the clock. So I must be doing something wrong, but so help me, I can't figure it out. I'm following the instructions TO THE LETTER from the owner's manual with no luck.

Here's the deal. You press the CLK button until the hour starts flashing, and then you can change the hour by using the radio dial. No problem - the hour sets perfectly.

Then you press the "seek ^" button to switch the flashing character to the minutes place. The minute number will flash ONCE and then stop. I can't change the minutes - they won't allow themselves to be changed. The "CLOCK SET" indication is still showing on the LCD, but the minutes won't flash, no matter what I do.

I can't believe I would get 3 different stereos that all had an identical malfunction. I suppose it's possible, but really highly unlikely. And like I said, I'm sitting there with my owner's manual in my lap, reading the steps as I go, and it's ALL LIES!!!

So who has been able to successfully set the clock in the 9006, and what am I doing wrong?
I had that happen to mine when I got it. I couldn't figure it out to save my life. You're doing the right thing, although I think the volume knob actually changes the numbers. Either way, you have to either be really quick and change the minutes as soon as they flash, or as a last resort disconnect your battery near noon. hahaha In my case I just had to keep fooling with it until I got it to take. Best of luck to ya! :)
Old 04-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Points 1,329, Level 20
Level Up 29% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Thanks for the suggestions, guys; trying this out again as soon as I get home from work.
2003 SVT #2370 Hatch Nation #91 2000 Roush Cougar 2008 Mustang Bullitt #5389 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Old 04-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40891
What I Drive: '03 ZX5 SVT, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata

Points 873, Level 15
Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 apagios Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritotec View Post
hit the clock button the second time the minutes flash.
and change numbers with volume knob I think, I only figured it out after spending 15 minutes following the manual to the letter. It takes me 3 or 4 minutes of fiddling with it every time i do it since I only reset the clock couple times a year i have to re-remember how to do it.

Turns out the manual is wrong, your best bet is try what makes sense and ignore the book.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Points 1,329, Level 20
Level Up 29% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Thanks, Fritotec - you had the correct answer.

Press and hold the CLK button until the hours flash, and set the hour with the radio knob. Then tap the CLK button again, and the minutes will flash and can be set with the radio knob as well.

The "SEEK" button, as mentioned in the owner's manual, is useless.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17397
What I Drive: 2003 comp orange focus svt euro #34

FF Reputation: 1 fritotec Good Standing Member
your welcome. the owners manual is for the standard radio, tripped me up the first time.
#3495 of 3985, 1 of 301
euro grill

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.