Honest opinion - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2003, 05:25 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1299
FF Reputation: 1 nuker Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Honest opinion

What do you guys think about the SVT Focus? High's low's? Good daily driver? Problems/

Reason I ask is I'm looking for a good fun small car that still gets good gas milage. That way I can garage my two other cars and keep the milage off of them. The only other car I am considering is the Vibe (big plus being the dealer installed s/c covered under warrenty).

<$800 in mods

96 SHO
14.59 @ 97 mph
75 shot
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2003, 03:51 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 654
What I Drive: 2006 Subaru WRX Impreza

FF Reputation: 1 sancletayley Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Re: Honest opinion

I LOVE MINE

my husband i work for ford and had a demo svt focus...decided against it and bought a 2002 power preminum zx5 eight months later we bought one. A 2003 SVT my husband drives it everyday and could not be happier.

gas mileage is pretty good. we have and and did not have any problems with the 2002 or 2003

i highly recommend them. i think that they are a great buy for the money.

i don't have any parts from my totalled SVT please don't ask
Old 10-18-2003, 04:45 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1235
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DeltaT Good Standing Member
I love mine. Its an absolute blast to drive, with handling thats second to practically none. The only down sides i see is that it would have been nice to see may 200hp from the factory and its about 100-200lbs too heavy.
03 SVT Focus #1163
Black, HID's, Audiofile Package, Cold Weather Package

Mods- FS/SCT 91 Octane Tune, RT Cat, Steeda Tri/Ax STS, FS Coolflo Intake, VF Rear Mount, FC 65mm TB FRPP Plug Wires, Jet-Hot Sterling Sliver coated Header, Clear side markers, Bullet Aluminum Fuel Door
Old 10-19-2003, 11:53 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 689
What I Drive: 2001 Silver F-150

FF Reputation: 1 geekspeed Good Standing Member
In my honest opinion, there is no other car for the same money that will perform as well on the street and at the track, EXCEPT the Dodge SRT-4, but the SRT-4 probably still lags in the handling department in comparison. I'm very pleased with my SVT Focus.

I think you'll be disappointed in the SVT's lack of low-end power, but you'll be amazed by it's handling characteristics. As for gas mileage--I think it eats premium fuel almost as quickly as my Mustang GT did. So iff you're truly looking to save some super-duper cash on gas, this SVT Focus not the car for you, in my opinion.

Sincerely,

Beetle
Kid Haulin': Dark Grey 2005 Five Hundred Limited AWD
RIP: Silver 2003 SVT Focus 5-door
Old 10-19-2003, 11:57 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 715
What I Drive: 02 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 1 inline_engine_lover Good Standing Member
just a regular focus if you're looking for good mileage, then do some mods if you want some pep to it. and for the love of god, please don't get a vibe.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:20 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1262
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT, 04 R1

FF Reputation: 1 Wolf71 Good Standing Member
I've had mine for about 3 weeks and love it so far. But have to say, it get worse gas milage then my 97 Eclipse GS-Turbo did. It handles better then the Eclipse, and isn't much slower then it in pure acceleration. My only big complaint is how slow the engine revs, but get it over 5000 rpm and it's pure fun.

99 Buell X1 Carbon Fiber Extreme
V&H Pipe, Forcewinder Intake, Race Computer, Power Commander III, Banke Rear-sets, Ceramic Coated Headers

04 Yamaha R1 Shift Red
Greggs Custom Flush Mounts, Integrated Tail Light, Graves Fender Eliminator and Frame Sliders, Zero Gravity Smoked Screen

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.