Focus Fanatics Forum banner

off road pipe and cat back

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  R&DSVTZX5 
#1 ·
I really want to get an off road pipe but would it be ok to just keep the stock exhaust? Or would it be a better idea to buy another cat back to go with the orp? I don't have to much money and like the stock exhaust but really want an orp. I would rather spend my money on something else than a cat back exhaust because ive heard that you would not find that much gain from a new cat back.

#2 ·
Just go with the ORP and keep your stock exhaust. SVT already tuned our exhaust systems so buying a cat back is pretty much a waste of money. The only way you might see some gains is if you went with a 2 1/2" system, but the gains would be minimal. Get the ORP, keep your stock exhaust, and use the money you would've spent and buy an AEM cold air intake.

#7 ·
The stock exhaust is a really good setup, fine tuned for the SVTF. Just get the ORP, if you like and can afford to then get a aftermarket exhaust setup of your choice. But the ORP is a great mod to have with decent gains to offer as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.