New to the SVT Focus community - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2003, 11:35 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1053
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 03SVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile New to the SVT Focus community

Brought home an Infra-Red ZX5 the other day. I am no stranger to SVT as this is my 3rd (most of them Cobras). Needed to buy me a commuter vehicle so I coudl park my 96 snake. How do most of you like them?

Mike

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2003, 11:36 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12
What I Drive: OLD: '00 Black ZX3, New: Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 hotfocus Good Standing Member
Welcome aboard Mike ...how about sharing some pics with the rest of us non-svt owners.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:38 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 647
What I Drive: focus SVT AND ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 imajsdaddy Good Standing Member
Welcome. Are you signed up for the www.SVTOA.com site yet? Hopefully you are as you said you have other SVT's Welcome though.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:17 AM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 235
What I Drive: 03 Infrared Focus SVT, 01 Mercury Villager

FF Reputation: 1 jollyjohnj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I love mine so far. I've had it a little over 6 weeks.

03 infrared 3 door.

Oh and welcome, good to see you picked the fastest color.
SVT SQUAD #39
Old 10-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1164
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 bowtiekiller Good Standing Member
Hello I just joined today, and about a month ago my wife purchased me a 2003 Comp Orange SVT. In the past couple of weeks I've had alot of people testing me on the road. I'm not into street racing but I'm into making people's cars wear the red dress.... There are two car clubs in this town that try to test my SVT a Cavalier Club and a VW Golf Club.... I'm from Florida but I'm in the military stationed in New Mexico. I have alot of friends in Florida that have Hondas and Toyotas and want to race me back at home. So I'll be runnin against a 97 Civic with a Integra Motor, Integra Type R, MR2 turbo and my uncles 90 Cavalier with a V-6. So I have alot of work cut out for me with making more performance before sending my car home. So please you guys give me some feedback on getting horsepower for my SVT. The first thing i'm looking at is Cat-back Exhaust.........
Old 10-08-2003, 09:21 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 689
What I Drive: 2001 Silver F-150

FF Reputation: 1 geekspeed Good Standing Member
Welcome! I traded my 2001 GT in for this SVT. I miss the kick-ass launch and low-end grunt of the GT, but I sure as hell don't miss my rear end trying to swing out on every speedy turn I encountered. The SVT Focus is a great machine, and I think you're going to love driving it! Congrats!

Sincerely,

Beetle
Kid Haulin': Dark Grey 2005 Five Hundred Limited AWD
RIP: Silver 2003 SVT Focus 5-door
Old 10-08-2003, 09:31 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 267
What I Drive: 2006 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 ZetecZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Welcome to both of you. Hope you enjoy the site and people, how about some pics of the cars for us.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:53 AM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1164
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 bowtiekiller Good Standing Member
Before i had My SVT I had a 2002 ZX3.. I had a lot of problems with it like the Starter, Speedomoter, and was stranded in Florida on leave and the whole time I was in Florida my car was in the shop. It got so bad that I had to call FoMoCo about 5 times to get my point across. And this was about a year ago. Then when I was deployed my wife drive to Florida and it was the same thing all over again.... Don't get me wrong I love the little car but I didn't have the chance to enjoy it like I wanted to. I was looking into getting a 03 Civic Si but for what the car had vs. what the SVT had it was hands down to the SVT. Plus The only thing thing that we'll havein this family is a Ford...... ONLY THE TOP SELLERS HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 05:49 AM   #9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1053
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 03SVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Thanks for the welcome fellas.

Yeah, this car is really a blast to drive. I think its balance and cornering ability that makes it a hoot to drive. It doesnt have a ton of low end grunt but that torque comes on quick once you get it going. I tried to post a pic, but I am an idiot when it comes to downsizing them and obviously the one that I tried to upload was too large..lol. Go figure.

bowtiekiller, I know what you mean by "getting tested"...I think that I attract every, Honda, Talon, Acura and Toyota (from miles away) on my way to work everyday....at 34, I obviously let them go....unless I am driving my Snake.......then its a simple 1/2 shift and they are gone.....with exception to power adder guys..lol.

Not a member to SVTOA yet..I think I get a free membership for a year with my purchase.....we will see...........M

PS, is it normal to have a little bit of a rough idle at start up (and the first few minutes). Mine sure does, it is kinda sluggish at first then it planes out after it get warmed up. Anyone have this problem (need to search the archives)....

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.