Ford Racing Parts - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52122
What I Drive: 2004, Screaming Yellow, Focus SVTtc

FF Reputation: 2 FocusSVTFlint Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Cool Ford Racing Parts

Its another Great Day....thanks to everyone on the feedback on my Rev Limits...I changed the spec back to the factory limit of 7200 guess I dont want to blow the engine up yet...so..I want more power without forced induction...so it has been suggested to me that I get the a 70mm throttle body and intake manifold and ford racing cam shafts..since I am a Ford Dealer I have my parts dept looking up the cost of those items...but any other suggestions I would be welcome to...my mods to date are borla center exhuast, orp, sri, steeda short shift, slotted/drilled rotors, aem cam gear...I look forward to your suggestions...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Who Recommended An Intake Manifold and Ford Racing Cams?????? Waste of Money!@

I would get a Tune! That will livin up your FOFO for sure... Best mod I have done... Ive done alot too! My Lightweight flyweel did alot too! Really Freed up the revs!
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 04-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 39759
What I Drive: 02 Explorer 4.6L, 02 CBR600 F4i

FF Reputation: 8 Sid03SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
last i checked, the FRPP cams werent a good investment for the SVT.... do a little more research.... I doubt the air intake will yield amazing results, you can get similar results with a K&N panel filter...
N/A HP is expensive, its been said before but ill say it again...
SVT pretty much went through the entire car, and the only "power" mods are - ORP/HFC the LT equal length header is one of the best (if not the best) flowing out there, a cat back will only give you a different sound... as for other mods...
TB - driveability & better throttle response
CAI - a pretty whirring noise under acceleration, but no real power gain when compared to an aftermarket panel filter...
CAMS - umm just not worth it on the SVT - use the search button
Tune - driveability & more mid range power, but not much on the peak
slotted & cross drilled rotors - chew up pads faster and crack, no real braking increase...
short shifter - driveability and quicker shifts
lower motor mount - driveability & reduces wheel hop
lightened flywheel & aftermarket clutch - increased torque capacity, quicker revs, but on an uphill you will need to shift down
LSD - better acceleration, reduced wheel spin & hop
there are other items but if you are looking for power from the SVT just browse the BST forum for a used supercharger...
don't know how? click on the number next to "FF Reputation" and add a comment
Old 04-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
last i checked, the FRPP cams werent a good investment for the SVT
Let alone...they don't even fit cause of our VCT on the intake cam.
Let alone again...the SVT cams are hotter than any of the FRPP cams.

Same goes for the FRPP intake manifold.
That's made for the standard head, not the SVT.
There's a port mismatch that would have to be cleaned up.

^^^Both the above could have been found out pretty quickly by searching first FocusSVTFlint.

So, you're left with...Tune FTW!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48191
What I Drive: 2004 ORANGE SVT FOCUS

FF Reputation: -2 lightninfr Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
cams? svt has a pretty aggressive cam stock

i have the 67mm tb i like it sounds great with my cai
Old 04-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Actually the NEW FRPP intake manifold IS made for the SVT.... but its still not wotrth the price.

If you want your car to be fun there are 3 more mods I would suggest....

1) All 3 VF engine mounts .. which greatly firms up the engine and reduces alot of "slop" when shifting

2) A tune from Focus Power... an absolute must

and if you can get by with it...

3)an Off Road Pipe (which does away with the catalytic convertors) and if not at least a High Flow Cat.

And as stated before the FRPP Cams wont work with the SVT... the exhaust cam will but the intake cams wont due to them being a different sized journal up by the cam gears.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 04-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT View Post
Actually the NEW FRPP intake manifold IS made for the SVT.... but its still not wotrth the price.
That's new news. Thanks.
I don't see it in the online catalog yet, but I'll bet it's pri$ey.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52122
What I Drive: 2004, Screaming Yellow, Focus SVTtc

FF Reputation: 2 FocusSVTFlint Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT View Post

If you want your car to be fun there are 3 more mods I would suggest....

1) All 3 VF engine mounts .. which greatly firms up the engine and reduces alot of "slop" when shifting

2) A tune from Focus Power... an absolute must

and if you can get by with it...

3)an Off Road Pipe (which does away with the catalytic convertors) and if not at least a High Flow Cat.
I did one of the three engine mounts....I have the ORP already on...no cats...I run my car on a dealer plate cause I own a Ford Dealership so I dont have to worry about passing emmisions...but the Tune I agree with...I am gonna have to get tom's number again and send him a check...My cousin who has an Focus ST wants me to upgrade to the supercharger on Focus-power but I'm not up to spending 3500 bucks yet....If I want to go that fast I have a Corvette ZR-1 in the garage....
Old 04-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49283
What I Drive: 04 Sonic Blue Svt

FF Reputation: 1 subtleshift Good Standing Member
why would you purchase over-priced "FACTORY" parts anyways...even down to the shifter, companies like CFM and focus sport that specialize in parts for our cars make me feal more comfortable, especially when you can call up the company and have anyone who answers the phone basically tell you what their parts will do for you and can help diagnose problems, etc...

plus i see ford racing as a company who specializes in mustangs more than the focus...just my opinion...i would other companies than ford for my performance assersories

it helps to have a car lift. nuff said
Old 04-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49283
What I Drive: 04 Sonic Blue Svt

FF Reputation: 1 subtleshift Good Standing Member
oh and on a side note, if you really want to make power, just go FI...turbo is where the big numbers are!

btw, if you decide to do this, others have already ran boost for long periods of time, and our factory internals that "cosworth" acctually helped develope are fine...i heard a factory svt will be fine, but the only thing you would possibly want to add is an lsd...

it helps to have a car lift. nuff said

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.