Focus Fanatics Forum banner

In market for an SVT

594 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  02_SonicBluSVT 
#1 ·
Today I drove my first SVT. I was pretty impressed with the vehicle. I am thinking within the next 6 to 7 months or so of buying one. What is the best year for these vehicles? I love my current '03 ZX3 but now crave the looks and power of the SVT. I would like to buy one with all options available -- in particular i love the XENON lights! Can I buy a good example for under 15k? Anybody know a good SVT site that breaks down different options available for different years, etc? Much appreciation for any help given.

#4 ·
All the years are relatively the same...but typically the newer the year the "less problematic" they'll be. So that being said an 04 would be your best bet, but an 03 or an 02 should be cheaper.

Although...since you want it to be full of options try to find one with the EAP (European Appearance Package) that alone should come with everything you want including HIDs. These you can only find in the 03-04 years...02's had the least options available and IIRC none of them came stock with HIDs or the EAP package. As for price...i'm fairly certain that you can find many SVT's in good condition for under 15k (don't think many, if any, are going for more then that even with low mileage...unless the place that's selling them is trying to rape it's customers)

I however, can't help much with good websites that may have them but i'm sure someone else will help with that.

and btw...BENFICA!!!1!!!1

#5 ·
May I recommend that you shot for the yellow or orange SVT EAPS? They are the rarest, the nicest and the best svts you could get. There were 52 orange 04s made two of which I know are wrecked.

04 would the best year, all the problems had been fixed ect...

Also like the other person said try and find an EAP focus they are by far nicer with way better options such as Recaro racing leather seats and fancy rear bumper. Dont forget the 17 inch SVT wheels you get with the EAP. Its really up to you, do some looking around the site you should find some details and find pictures of different options.

#6 ·
I bought an 02 with 30k on it at the time. I have since put 10k on it in 10 months of ownership, and it has been trouble free with the exception of a cat heatshield rattle, that I fixed easily. I only paid $9700... keeping in mind my car is rare because it was ordered with NO options... no moonroof, heated seats, audiophile, block heater, no TC, you get the picture LOL! I added the HIDs myself, and heard another SVT with the audiophile (amazed by the sound quality), so I added the six disc audiophile with the sub (wiring is already there). I know I got a helluva deal on mine. They are out there. Most will say to you "stay away from the 02's" I say research... I bought mine from a member on FJ... I did a search and read nearly every single post he made about the car, and feel confident in knowing that he had a trouble free SVT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.